Accountant III (A/R) (Term)
As Alberta's 'Botanical Arts City', St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 66,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert among the best places to live in Canada.
The City of St. Albert is recruiting an individual to join our Financial Services & Information Technology department for a term assignment as an Accountant III.
Under the general supervision of the Financial Operations Controller – Revenue Services and Utilities, this position is responsible for supporting 4 major areas:
- billing, collection and recording of City revenues
- implementing and maintaining strong financial controls
- providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers, and
- supervision of Revenue Services staff
This position is also the main back up to the Financial Operations Controller – Revenue Services and Utilities and will provide support on various projects and financial reporting.
The Accountant III will assist with the development, documentation and maintenance of strong financial internal controls. This position provides support in ensuring that the highest standards of accountability for the City’s cash processes are adhered to.
The Accountant III will supervise a team of four (4) staff, two (2) Revenue Services Coordinators and two (2) Revenue Services Processors. This involves providing motivation and guidance, establishing priorities, and working with the team to identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements.
This position involves a lot of interaction with a variety of internal and external clients, so a commitment to creating positive customer experiences, in a professional manner and strong communication skills are essential.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in business with a major in Accounting or Finance combined with three years accounting experience, with a strong technical knowledge base in GAAP and preparation and review of year end financial statements.
- Municipal accounting, PSAB and GST experience is an asset.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Working towards a professional accounting designation.
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite and various financial systems.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- The ability to interpret and communicate complex financial data to a variety of users.
- A self- starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks).
$85,540 - $105,280 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a comprehensive benefit package.
December 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT