Senior Payroll Coordinator
We are seeking a Senior Payroll Coordinator whose responsibilities include the timely and accurate delivery of payroll in accordance with Company and Government policy. Functions include entering, tracking, checking, auditing, and reporting for the bi-weekly pay cycle for our Shop and Salaried employees; and back up support Field Payroll Coordinator.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Payroll administration – bi-weekly payrolls – Shop and Salaried (Union and Non-Union)
- Payroll Processing and reporting - Financial, Payroll Compliance, Union & Benefits.
- Coordinates day-to-day payroll administration activities per assigned payroll organization.
- Ensure union fringes, deductions, pays are current.
- Employee Master set ups verifications – Update as required (tax related, Union classifications, shift, rates, garnishees, etc.) Enter and maintained via Timberline Payroll system, and soon to be ADP Workforce Now. Ongoing verification of info transfer and exception set ups.
- Maintenance of Employee Master Files, including additions, deletions, transfers and changes to wages or employee benefits. Includes interfaces related type work.
- Process all pay related activity such as New Hires, Rehires, Transfers (Cross Payroll), Bonus, Terminations, Taxation, Direct Deposit, Vacation Pay, EI Top Ups, etc.
- Process and edit payroll activities. Ensure integrity and accuracy of payroll.
- Respond to information requests from internal and external sources
- Ongoing awareness of payroll legislation, taxation, Service Canada, etc. for continued accuracy in the payroll department.
- Various reports –unions, tax remittances, month end, third parties, management reports
Required Skills and Abilities:
- HR and Payroll policies and practices - remain current on legislation.
- Along with a positive, go-getter attitude and excellent communication (written and verbal) and time management skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment (while meeting priorities and deadlines) and have the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and exercise initiative to ensure high quality service.
- Motivated, energetic, self-starter, ability to take control, professional and reliable.
- Must have strong work ethics, respect for privacy and confidentiality is essential.
- A high degree of confidentiality, diplomacy, ability to manage confidential and complex information and handling multiple tasks under strict deadlines is necessary.
- Strong analytical skills and technical knowledge and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels and from multiple cultures.
- Ability to work independently and must be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Self-directed individual contributor and must work well in a team environment.
- Must continue to invest in payroll and taxation training.
- Must include and demonstrate skills in data base management and record keeping.
Education/Certification and Experience:
- Achievement of or in the process of acquiring a Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification from the Canadian Payroll Association is preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years general payroll experience in a large multi-provincial company
- Union Payroll processing experience an asset
- Experience with various payroll enterprise solution systems with preference to Sage 300 and ADP Workforce Now payroll system
- A good understanding of payroll accounting
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Advance knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word & Power Point)
We thank all applicants for their interest in Altex Industries Inc., only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Assistant Deputy Minister/Senior Financial Office…
Government of Alberta (PSC)
Senior Special Credit Account Manager
Farm Credit Canada
Metrix Group LLP
VP Finance UCP Constituency Association Edmonton …
UCP Constituency Association Edmonton Whitemud