- Federation of Calgary Communities
- Suite 110, 720 28th Street NE, Calgary, AB T2A6R3
- Annual salary and employee benefits.
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations, Public Accounting
- Job Type
Working with as a team of public practice accountants, you will be part of a unique established financial audit program providing audit engagements to not-for-profit organizations. The role of Audit Technician contributes to the provision of audit services through the preparation of audit files. This position reports directly to the auditor(s).
- Assist in the preparation of non-profit audits including:
- Reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, deferred revenue, investments, and capital assets
- Performing audit procedures on all accounts
- Documenting and referencing findings
- Identifying audit issues, investigating discrepancies, and determining resolutions
- Determining and recommending adjusting entries
- Assisting in creating management points
- Drafting financial statements and note disclosures
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with clients via email, phone and in person
- Communicate with the auditor to resolve audit challenges
Contributing to the Federation
- Learning about the Federation, our services and members
- Adherence to Federation policies and procedures
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Minimum of an Accounting Diploma or related experience
- Experience working on assurance engagements
- Experience with bookkeeping is required
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, cloud-based practice management software (Karbon) and Caseware
- Competently be able to read and write English
- Be familiar with Part 3 of the CPA Handbook: Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Problem solving, critical thinking, planning, and organizing
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
HOURS OF WORK:
- 35 hours a week
- Compressed work week available – Monday to Thursday
Commensurate with experience. The Federation offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please send your electronic résumé and cover letter to: Leslie Evans, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only candidates invited for a preliminary interview will be contacted.
ABOUT THE FEDERATION
For 60 years the Federation of Calgary Communities has strengthened community-based organizations and the people who make them great. See our brochure for more information or visit: www.calgarycommunities.com
- Additional info: 2019Brochurereduced (410kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT