Financial Reporting Accountant
- Cematrix Corporation
- 9727 40th Street SE, Calgary
- $90,000 to $110,000 plus stock options
- Job Industry
- Construction/Project Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
The Financial Reporting Accountant is key team member who assists in the accounting for our Canadian operations and is integral member in our Corporate accounting team. Our Financial Reporting Accountant will report to the CFO. The role is based in Calgary and will be required to be in the office (not remote or work from home)(subject to provincial and federal health orders).
CEMATRIX Corporation is a public company listed on the TSX Venture exchange under the symbol CVX. CEMATRIX is a rapidly growing, cash flow positive company that manufactures and supplies technologically advanced cellular concrete products developed from proprietary formulations across North America. This unique cement-based material with superior thermal protection delivers cost-effective, innovative solutions to a broad range of issues facing the infrastructure, industrial (including oil and gas) and commercial markets. Our head office is located in Calgary.
The salary range for the role is $90,000 to $110,000 with stock options. Final compensation for this role will depend on the individual qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
- Responsible for completing monthly consolidation process and leading the month-end close process for Canadian and US subsidiaries;
- Ensure complex accounting such as share based compensation, IFRS 16, accounting for convertible instruments, etc. are handled on a monthly basis;
- Responsible for compiling/reviewing quarterly financials, MD&A and related reporting requirements;
- Responsible for research and formulating recommendations that apply to IFRS and/ or updates;
- Assist in design, development, implementation and monitoring of internal control systems and processes (CSOX);
- Ensure TSX Venture reporting guidelines are met;
- Lead the year end audit process, compile accounting memos for the auditors and ensure auditors’ expectations are met;
- Assist in the due diligence process on any acquisitions or divestitures which may arise and integrate acquisitions when applicable;
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of internal reporting to managers and operating divisions;
- Provide expertise to a team of professionals with day to day accounting issues and lead other various special projects; and take on additional duties as required by the CFO.
You are a recent CPA with strong excel skills and in-depth knowledge of IFRS. Ideally you have been part of a financial reporting team for a public company and have done consolidation work before. You are a hard worker looking to join a growing organization with a good work life balance. You take pride in your own work and are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and internal clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA – CA, CMA, CGA)
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS, accounting regulations and practices
- Proficient in MS Office, expert in Excel
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Chief Financial Officer
We thank all candidates for their interest in CEMATRIX, only qualified individuals will be contacted.
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT