Investment Banking Analyst
Our Investment Banking team of over 350 investment bankers across North America is focused on servicing the corporate finance and financial advisory needs of our clients. We offer a complete range of capital markets services with strong expertise in mergers & acquisitions, public offerings, private placements and syndication. Our advisory services include mergers, acquisitions and divestitures advice/execution, fairness opinions, and valuations.
The Analyst position will offer the opportunity to gain significant business development and transaction experience. Drawing on previous experience, the ideal candidate will have a proven ability to take initiative, will possess exceptional communication and presentation skills, and demonstrate academic excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with other Analysts, Associates and VP's in the investment banking team;
- Work closely with other senior bankers and experts from various groups in Canada and the United States;
- Conduct financial modelling, various financial and strategic analyses, discounted cash flow analysis, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis and evaluate other industry metrics as required;
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis and industry research;
- Build and maintain detailed financial models and industry databases;
- Maintain the groups’ databases and valuation tools on an ongoing basis;
- Assist in preparing extensive written documents including transaction documentation/proposals, pitch-books and company information documents for business development and marketing purposes;
- Assist in transaction execution tasks as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Financial analysis and modeling; and
• Principles of finance and the capital markets.
• Microsoft Office with a willingness and ability to learn new applications;
• Quantitative and analytical processes;
• Work within deadlines in a high-volume and demanding environment while maintaining a high level of service and an imperative attention to detail;
• Demonstrate advanced face-to-face, email, videoconferencing, telephone etiquette and relationship management skills;
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment;
• Demonstrate a professional manner to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization;
• Learn quickly with strong attention to detail;
• Exercise tact and discretion in the handling of confidential information;
• Demonstrate due diligence; and
• Communicate proficiently in French is an asset.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• Have an undergraduate degree in a business-related discipline and/or a CFA/CA/CPA/CBV designation;
• Prior experience in the Oil & Gas industry is considered an asset;
• Prior investment banking and/or accounting experience is considered an asset; and
• Experience with Capital IQ, Bloomberg and FactSet is considered an asset
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT