Join the fast-growing phenomenon where you get to work alongside industry leading top talent in a high-performance culture who are passionate, experienced, and determined. We are ambitious and innovative: we are motivators. At Orangetheory, you are part of a growing phenomenon and a dynamic, innovative brand that is changing lives around the world.
Orangetheory Fitness is not only the hottest workout, it's a great place to work. Ranked as one of Inc. magazine's Fastest-Growing Private Companies and a top franchise in the world by Entrepreneur's Franchise 500®, Orangetheory Fitness is a premier fitness brand.
By joining the Orange team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive and industry leading compensation plans and benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Complimentary OTF sweat sessions
- Enjoy a fitness-casual, energetic, and high performing culture
Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for the full cycle accounting for multiple fitness studios and the parent holding company including consolidation. This individual will perform all required data entry and related duties for these entities including A/R, A/P, Expenses, and Intercompany transactions, while maintaining timely and accurate processing of financials, tax payments/remittances, account reconciliations and managerial reporting.
What you will be doing:
- Perform full cycle bookkeeping for multiple entities including consolidation
- Prepare full set of financial statements for responsible entities
- Process GST/HST and other tax remittances and payments in a timely fashion
- Process accounts payables invoices and employee expense reports while ensuring internal controls and company policies are followed
- Reconcile vendor statements and coordinate with vendors to answer queries
- Complete bank deposits as needed.
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Maintain all supporting documentation in an organized fashion and respond to requests for information and statistics as needed, e.g. internal and external auditors
- Perform routine clerical duties and various administrative functions
- Manage external party audits such as with banks, accountants or other agencies as required
- Special projects and support with various accounting and ad-hoc related duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills:
- Post Secondary Education with a focus on Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- A minimum of three (3) or more years’ experience in an accounting or bookkeeping field required
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise is highly preferred
- Applicant either fully designated or in the process of acquiring an accounting designation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), advanced accounting principles.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in a high volume, multi-company environment
- Good working knowledge and accurate application of office practices and procedures as well as the ability to be flexible to the needs of an evolving organization
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- Customer-centric mindset both for internal and external customers
- Able to apply accounting principles to the maintenance of accounting records
- Able to work effectively in a team setting or independently as needed
- Effective time management to deal effectively with the work volume under minimum supervision and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills, increase knowledge and adapt to evolving processes
- Must possess a high level of tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
This is a full-time, permanent position.
This position will be located in Edmonton, Alberta based out of our OTF Canada office located in downtown Edmonton.
Orangetheory Fitness is committed to be an equal employer and a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the people, organizations, and communities we serve. Orangetheory Fitness is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment and business decisions at Orangetheory Fitness are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT