Ram River Environmental Consultants Ltd. is a professional environmental consulting firm that provides reclamation program management and spill response services for clients in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
We are a busy and growing company, offering full benefits and competitive wages.
We are currently seeking a Financial Controller. This is a permanent, full-time position with direct leadership responsibilities.
The successful candidate will manage the overall financial operations of the company and provide accurate information to the management team, including analysis, forecasting and preparing financial reports and statements.
Full cycle accounting duties, including:
- Accounts payable processing, from vendor payment approval and cost coding
- Overseeing of invoicing platform and relating job costing
- Management, preparation, and analysis, of monthly and yearly financial statements
- Preparation of year-end financial statements
- Financial forecasting
- Account reconciliations
- Quarterly financial reviews and forecasting
- Constant review of general ledger, including posting of adjusting journal entries
- Preparation of operational budgets
- Submission of required government remittances
- Calculation and review of commissions.
- Scheduled upload of payroll remittances.
- Management of employee pay
- Liaise with customer, vendors and the service team
- Provide some administrative support to project managers and supervisors
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business (Accounting major); an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Possession of CPA Designation is preferred.
- 5 years experience in a Senior Accounting role
- Significant experience working with ERP systems. ABAK experience considered an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate adaptability to changing business needs and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability and confidence to present new ideas to improve cost savings and workflow
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Confident in gathering data, compiling the proper information and preparing financial reports
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritizing and execution skills
- Ability to demonstrate forward-thinking and bring new ideas to the table
- Strong organizational skills
Application deadline: 2021-12-03
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift, 5 days a week
- Combination of Full Cycle Accounting function, with Controller duties: 5 years (preferred)