Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative candidate to join the Financial Reporting team, working from the St. Albert office.
Reporting to the Business Unit Leader, Financial Reporting, the Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for:
- Preparing internal financial packages
- IFRS compliance
- Preparation of IFRS financials along with disclosure notes
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Assist with annual tax filings and compliance
- Maintaining financial records
- Conducting treasury accounting and reporting
- Handling the cash management system
We are looking for an experienced finance professional and designated CPA with excellent knowledge of full accounting cycle, strong technical knowledge of IFRS and hands on experience drafting accounting policies and procedures.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. – The Business & Culture
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
We are an inclusive workplace and are always looking for talented people. We celebrate different points of view, and people feel comfortable to be themselves. Thinking differently is rewarded, and we believe that having diversity in our workforce drives innovation. You will experience firsthand that our team-based culture values safety, open communication, productivity and quality. Within your self-managed work team, you will work together with the team to problem-solve, strategize and bring new ideas forward.
We also understand that work should only be a part of your life, not the entire focus. We will help you find a healthy work-life balance. Options such as the compressed work week are offered, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance to get out and enjoy the days you earned. These policies, combined with our culture and working environment, are what got us recognized by many prestigious awards, such as Canada’s Top Employer, Alberta’s Top Employer and Top Employer for Young People, over the last decade.
This is a full-time, permanent position working a compressed schedule Monday to Thursday. Due to COVID-19, the successful candidate is likely to commence working remotely until restrictions lift.
• Corporate accounting journals on monthly and quarterly basis.
• Preparing first draft of monthly financial package including variance analysis.
• Assisting with the tax compliance, preparing working papers.
• Gathering and analyzing data for transfer pricing and SR&ED reporting.
• Leveraging technical knowledge of IFRS to draft accounting policies and procedures.
• Preparing IFRS financial statements on half yearly and annual basis.
• Assisting with external audits and JSOX audits.
• Preparing and submitting GST monthly filings with the CRA.
Treasury and Cash Management
- Managing daily banking transactions based on applicable receipt and payment cycle
- Assisting with cash forecasting including preparation of forecast working model
- Maintaining debt management documentation and preparing accounting journals
- Supporting the Treasury Lead in maintaining FX working papers
- Assisting with audits, providing documentation and supporting working papers
- Reporting for monthly and quarterly close relating to the treasury portfolio
Education & Experience:
- University (First degree) is preferred
- Designated CPA with ideally 3-4 years in industry experience
- Strong knowledge of full accounting cycle with having worked in accounting and reporting close environment
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS
- Hands on experience in drafting accounting policies and procedures
- Experience working in treasury function preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft office tools such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working in an ERP implementation environment is preferred.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Complexity
- Financial Acumen
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Tech Savvy
Successful applicants are required to provide acceptable evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To be fully vaccinated, the successful applicant must demonstrate that they have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, completed the requisite waiting period for achieving maximum immunity, and received any future booster shots as approved and recommended by the Government of Canada and Alberta Health Services (AHS). Proof of vaccination must be in the form of a government issued QR code and will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled. Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.