The Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission (APMC) was created in 1974 by the Petroleum Marketing Act. It is a provincial Crown corporation and an agent of the Government of Alberta. APMC was initially responsible for marketing Alberta's conventional crude oil royalty, developing prices used in royalty calculations and other energy related activities. In 2012, the APMC’s mandate was expanded to include assisting in the development of Value Added activity in Alberta's petroleum sector, such as the development of the Sturgeon Refinery as well as new energy markets and transportation infrastructure.
Within the energy sector, APMC operates as the commercial arm of the Government of Alberta. Additional activities that the Commission is involved in:
- Marketing the Crown’s conventional oil royalty received in kind and setting prices used in the valuation of the Crown royalty share of natural gas, natural gas liquids, and sulphur.
- Adding value to Alberta’s energy resources through engaging with the Sturgeon Refinery, exploring new opportunities within the energy sector, promoting knowledge and transparency, and providing strategic advice.
- Expanding access to global energy markets by assessing the development of new market and infrastructure for market access and expansion.
APMC is accountable to and receives policy direction from the Minister of Energy in the Government of Alberta.
Reporting directly to the Team Lead, Marketing Accounting, and the Marketing Accountant is a key role within the finance department, and will be part of the marketing accounting group to manage Alberta’s Royalty in Kind products.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Accountant job include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and manage all monthly Crude Oil Marketing related accounting activities for the proper accrual and booking of Crude Oil transactions,
- Liaising with Marketing, other Royalty departments and Financial Accounting to ensure marketing transactions are accurately accounted for,
- Inventory balancing and analysis of transportation cost and tariffs, including take or pay,
- Preparation of pipeline/oil netback pricing,
- Ensure the recording of physical and financial revenue transactions, as well as reconciling clearing accounts are completed on time and accurate,
- Working with internal and external auditors as required
- Assisting in the analysis of volume and revenue accrual to actual variances
- Miscellaneous project work within the accounting and finance groups as deemed necessary
Description of Candidate:
- Strong understanding of the oil and gas industry, with experience in Marketing accounting, with a minimum of 5 years of direct relevant experience
- Solid understanding of complex and/or cross-border marketing arrangements
- Proven team player with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships, while demonstrating a high level of cooperation and mutual respect
- An appreciation for tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to think on feet and adapt to situations
- Exceptional computer skills, with excel and marketing software
- Preference will be given to candidates with an accounting background, specifically designated accountants in relevant areas of knowledge.
Interested candidates should forward a resume, prior to November 17, 2021 to: Margaret.Stevens@gov.ab.ca with Marketing Accountant in the subject line. Any questions may be directed to Margaret Stevens at (403) 297-5514.
This is a full-time employment position. The successful candidate will be paid a salary commensurate with their experience.
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT