Our Crowe MacKay team is currently seeking a full-time experienced candidate to join our Quality team. This role reports directly to the Professional Standards Officer. The successful candidate will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial accounting firm.
This position is available in any of our local regions and has remote capabilities.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive and consistent application and resolution of matters related to professional standards. Working closely with our Director of Quality and Professional Standards Officer to drive the success of the firm. This individual will be an integral part of our continued growth and succession, and will play a key role in ensuring that we are meeting the needs of our organization as we transition into the future.
- Work with the Quality team to ensure firm’s quality assurance and ethics culture continually improves and compliance with firm’s quality control policies and procedures;
- Assist with the firm’s development of a Quality Management framework to meet the new requirements of CSQM1 and CSQM2;
- Maintain effective quality management policies and procedures;
- Work with the Quality team to ensure effectiveness of professional education and development activities;
- Ongoing assessment and communication of matters concerning quality control that is progressive in nature. Ensuring adequacy of firm policies and procedures in conjunction with developments in the profession;
- Serve as a technical resource on assurance and accounting matters;
- Review and make recommendations on significant unresolved differences of opinion and disputes related to professional standards;
- Liaise with regulatory and professional oversight bodies such as CPAB, PCAOB, CPA provincial institutes, etc. on an as-needed basis;
- Assist with the review and required updates to our engagement templates, checklists, letters, and financial statement note library to ensure compliance with current and future assurance and accounting standards;
- Assist with matters related to compliance with our professional rules of conduct;
- Assist the firm’s Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer, as required;
- Participate in compliance monitoring to assess adherence to our internal Quality Management policies;
- Assist with the development and implementation of the firm’s training programs; and
- Assist with the development of training materials and present topics at internal continuing professional education sessions and annual internal professional conferences.
- Canadian CPA designation is required, preferably a CA legacy designation holder
- 10+ years of Public Accounting experience
- Experience in a Quality Control function considered an asset
- Broad and deep understanding of Canadian auditing standards (US SAS considered an asset) and the following Canadian generally accepted accounting frameworks: IFRS, ASPE, ASNPO (PSAS and US GAAP considered an asset)
- Knowledgeable about advanced and emerging audit approaches and methods
- Willingness to develop a strong understanding of our Crowe Global audit methodology and practice aids
- Effective time management skills
- Able to rapidly differentiate and prioritize tasks to ensure significant issues are addressed in a timely fashion
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications, technical competencies, and work ethic
- Willingness to travel as required to our offices across northern and western Canada, if deemed essential
About our Northern and Western Canada Team
Crowe MacKay LLP (Crowe) is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with eight locations across northern and western Canada. We are a Canadian partnership with 58 partners and over 350 professional and support staff. Our Partnership Headquarters group primary objective is to provide support to our people with the tools and resources needed to provide the highest quality service to our clients.
Your Journey as a Quality Team Member
At Crowe MacKay, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Our firm has grown to eight offices across northern and western Canada not only because we deliver consistently exceptional service, but because we attract employees at all levels who are passionate about their work and the communities they serve. With over 50 years of expertise, we are recognized as an employer of choice, committed to create lasting value. Come grow with Crowe!
Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Quality Role in the subject line.
Deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, December 21.
Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
At Crowe MacKay, we know that great people are what make a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Volunteer program and opportunities
- Core office hours
- Dress for your day
- Group Benefits
Learn more about what working at Crowe MacKay can do for you.
More About Crowe MacKay
Crowe MacKay is committed to giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Not only are we involved in charitable organizations as a firm, but we support and encourage our employees to volunteer in their communities as well. We firmly believe that a strong community creates endless opportunities for education, employment, and increased quality of living. Crowe MacKay services clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 140 countries around the world.
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT