Assistant Controller - Dealership Operations
Aspen thrives on taking on the biggest heavy haul design and manufacturing challenges in North America. Ready to roll where others fear to tread, the Aspen approach is built on a foundation of tenacity, perseverance, and unwavering determination – just like the people who use them. Aspen is a growing business looking for people with energy, drive and passion to contribute to our team.
We are growing! In addition to our new Dealership in Waco, TX, we have opened a new Dealership in Nisku, AB. The Aspen Service team repairs and maintains our customer’s trailer fleets. If you are looking for an interesting job where you get to do a little bit of everything, keep reading!
This position is responsible for the overall function of the Finance department for our Dealership Operations. Reporting to the CFO, this role supports the Company’s growth by demonstrating best practices in the areas of financial reporting, controls, and processes.
- Develop and implement a top-notch Corporate Finance strategy for our Canadian and US operations.
- Complete and improve operational reporting and analysis; work closely with Senior Management to ensure the right data is available to the key decision makers. This will include identifying KPI’s and developing delivery methods such as dashboards and other data visualizations.
- Budget preparation, including working with Senior Managers in the development of revenue and expense budgets, and capital expenditures, ensuring alignment to the Company’s strategic vision.
- Analyze and review and document internal business processes, then provide recommendations for improvement including software implementation and maintenance.
- Evaluate current business processes for the opportunity to improve and re-implement revised processes throughout the entire company.
- Complete basic accounting functions such as:
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Monitoring and forecasting cash flow requirements
- Overseeing regulatory compliance reporting
- Perform month-end closing duties/process
- And other duties as required
Attributes and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and Power BI (or other Business Intelligence platform)
- Working knowledge of federal, provincial, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Strong numeracy skills, particularly concerning scheduling, budgeting, and accounting math
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software and systems
- Manage numerous priorities at once and be able to multi-task effectively
Experience and Education
- 5+ years’ experience in senior-level accounting or finance roles
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Experience working with Microsoft Business Central, Infor or other Dealership ERP systems
- Experience in an Industrial Equipment or Vehicle Dealership and or Service environment would be an asset
- CPA designation would be an asset
- Canadian and US tax and accounting would be an asset
- The work performed is carried out indoors in a regulated environment
- Regular fast pace or work with tight deadlines
- Occasional long hours based on workload
- Monday to Friday – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Overtime available, ability to work longer hours when needed
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Please email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply now to join North America’s premier supplier of heavy haul transportation equipment! Aspen Custom Trailers is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company poised for significant ongoing growth.
Thank you for your interest in Aspen Custom Trailers. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If you would like to know more about Aspen, please visit www.aspentrailer.com. Or look at us on Facebook or Instagram.