Spartan is a growing, fast paced energy company whose ESG focused culture is centered on generating sustainable Free Funds Flow through responsible oil and gas exploration and development. With dominant positions in two core areas, the Montney and Deep Basin, Spartan’s portfolio yields some of Canada’s highest-quality production and development opportunities. Spartan is focused on the execution of the Company’s organic drilling program, delivering operational synergies in a respectful and responsible manner to the environment and communities in which it operates. The Company is well positioned to continue pursuing immediate production optimization, responsible future growth with organic drilling, opportunistic acquisitions, and the delivery of Free Funds Flow. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our growing team:
Financial Reporting Analyst
Spartan Delta Corp. is seeking an individual to fulfill the responsibilities of Financial Reporting Analyst in the Financial Reporting team. This role is responsible for assisting with accurate and timely financial reporting requirements.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the preparation of the month-end consolidated financial statements and related working papers, as well as journal entries
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, including the MD&A and financial statements and note disclosures
- Assist with certain financial reporting entries and calculations such as depletion, impairment tests, and decommissioning liabilities
- Review, research and document accounting research position papers for recent or upcoming accounting standards
- Assist with the compliance and monitoring of internal controls
- Prepare certain corporate accrual and month-end account reconciliations
- Assist with ad hoc requests for financial analysis or information
Who You Are
- CPA accounting designation, with 1-3 years post qualification experience
- Relevant upstream oil and gas accounting and IFRS experience
- CSOX or other control experience (i.e. SOX 404) would be considered an asset
- Must be detail orientated and possess the ability to multi-task and meet unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
- Strong work ethic with a desire to learn
- Works equally well with other team members or individually
- High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Qbyte FM experience considered an asset
What We Offer
Spartan is a modern energy company and ESG leader offering a comprehensive benefits program including a Flex Spending Account; a competitive total compensation package including an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) and Long Term Incentive Program (LTIP); and a collaborative work environment with career advancement and growth opportunities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Financial Reporting Analyst by end of day Monday, November 22nd. Spartan is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.