Located in Calgary, Foundations for the Future Charter Academy (FFCA) is the largest public charter school in Alberta, serving over 3700 students in seven campuses throughout the city. We offer educational programming through a Distinctive Teaching and Learning Framework that has been developed within the Alberta context for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Our mission is to provide a safe and caring environment where the four pillars of our charter - academic excellence, character development, leadership and parental involvement - are valued and fostered.
The CFO/Treasurer is a key member of the executive team and will have the overall responsibility for the leadership, administration and integrity of the financial, business, facilities and transportation functions of FFCA. The position is open due to the retirement of the incumbent, with a negotiable start date of January 4, 2022.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration/management, commerce or a related field
- Professional designation in business and accounting management (CPA)
- Minimum of ten years experience in an accounting or finance position
- Minimum of five years experience at a senior management level
- Extensive knowledge and experience with relevant software and financial systems
- Exemplary integrity and values the sharing of information and common goals in an open, honest and transparent manner
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Dynamic leadership skills
- Ability to work as a team player and proven track record in building teams
- Ability to think strategically and also tactically execute
- MBA would be an asset
- Experience with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) would be an asset
Reporting and Supervisory Relationships
This position reports directly to the CEO/Superintendent.
The CFO/Treasurer has the following direct reports:
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Transportation
- Accounting Assistant
- Waitlist/Administrative Assistant
- Payroll Administrator
The CFO responsibilities include:
- As a member of the senior executive team, oversee the development and implementation of the strategic plan;
- Communicate the strategic direction and key performance metrics to relevant audiences;
- Overall financial leadership and management of FFCA, including the planning and budget processes (capital and operations plans), forecasting and accounting for all revenues and expenditures including school-generated funds, accessing all funding sources, preparation and reporting of the Audited Financial Statements, oversight of business and finance administrative procedures, financial reporting to Alberta Education, and quarterly financial reporting to senior leadership and the Board of Directors;
- Provide fiscal assurance to the FFCA School Society membership;
- Administrative liaison to the Board Finance and Audit Committees;
- Annual reporting to CRA (charity return), WCB and other mandatory reporting entities;
- Payroll and benefits oversight, including the preparation and payment of employee salaries and wages, and administration of employee benefit programs;
- Contracts and agreements, including administration lease agreements, and service contracts;
- Insurance coverage, including provision of property, liability and special events;
- Investment of FFCA funds to maximize return;
- Oversight of financial controls and procedures such as proper delegation of signing authorities, the establishment and monitoring of assigned spending limits, etc. in compliance with regulatory and financial reporting requirements;
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO/Superintendent, or duties of the FFCA School Society Treasurer, as delegated through the office of the CEO/Superintendent.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Closing Date: this position will remain open until November 29, 2021 at 12:00pm.
We thank you for your interest in FFCA, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT