Located centrally between Alberta’s two largest cities with over 100km of beautiful trails within the Red Deer City Limits; our City has a lot to offer. The City of Red Deer is always on the hunt for talented and success driven people. We are always seeking creative and skilled individuals with the ability and desire to lead in our dynamic workplace. Come build your career with us!
We are currently recruiting for the right person to fill the position of Financial Analyst. This position will be responsible for analysing, facilitating, developing, and interpreting financial information and legislation in the budget, business process, systems and financial reporting areas. The Financial Analyst is also responsible for reporting, documenting, monitoring, and reviewing controls and integrity. A high degree of professional judgement and independence is required in performing these duties while supporting City departments and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), or equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Five years related accounting experience, significant experience with complex financial applications in a computerized environment, and strong knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). Preference will be given for experience in:
- Implementation and upgrade experience for systems including setup and testing
- Project management and/or project teamwork
- Financial impact analysis and/or business process development and documentation
- Coordination of multi-departmental budgets or guidelines
- Development and implementation of process changes
- Budget monitoring/variance analysis
- Experience with auditing - internal or external
- Experience with financial statement preparation.
- Experience with PC software such as Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Access, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint. Knowledge of PeopleSoft financial software an asset.
- Municipal fund accounting including the requirements of the MGA (Municipal Government Act) and the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) etc.
- Ability to apply advanced accounting principles, knowledge and skills to the maintenance of a complex set of accounting and budgeting records. Ability to perform financial and budgetary analyses, prepare complete financial reports and complex account reconciliation.
- Ability to deal effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the public, other City departments and agencies, including in conflict situations. Must regularly communicate with software consultants, customers, vendors and other organizations such as the city’s external auditors, city solicitor, etc.
- Ability to work with considerable independence and to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in establishing and achieving business objectives.
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive wage of $47.74 to $50.25 per hour and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals. If you like what you have read and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
We welcome applications until December 13, 2021
For more information, and to apply online, please visit www.reddeer.ca/careers or
email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More search results
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
FRIESEN VINEY STASIUK CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Town of Stony Plain
Manager, Employer Services
Alberta Pensions Services Corporation