Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
- St. Albert
- $87,507.00 - $119,396.00 per annum
- Req 966
- Job Industry
- Government/Public Administration
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
The Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting oversees a team of professional and technical staff involved in establishing and maintaining proper controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of general ledger balances, overseeing the accounts payable function, and providing leadership to cross-divisional strategic initiatives.
The position oversees the development of AGLC audited financial statements and coordinates and prepares working papers for audits. The Senior Manager liaises and provides direction to management and staff to ensure that proper accounting treatment and policies are applied.
The incumbent is also responsible for the capital assets and inventory management function in the organization, including financial analysis of funding related to Corporate Projects.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The position requires a post-secondary education with a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, and/or CPA) and a minimum of 6 years of directly related progressively responsible experience.
The position requires thorough understanding and professional level knowledge in the following areas:
- Accounting, financial reporting and auditing requirements including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Internal control principles and concepts
- Auditing principles, procedures and working paper requirements
- Knowledge of GOA legislation and procedures is an asset
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
RhPAP Corporate Accountant / Team Lead
RhPAP Rural Health Professions Action Plan
Chief Financial Officer
21-54 Manager - Manager Client Payments & Taxati…
Alberta Pensions Services Corporation
Revenue, Financial & Internal Controls Officer
Special Credit Account Manager
Farm Credit Canada