- As a member of the management team and reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller is responsible for direct supervision of all day-to-day accounting and financial activities. Primary responsibilities include supervision of daily and period end process preparation, monthly and quarterly financial reporting while supervising AR, AP, production accounting, JV, Partner, budgeting/forecasting, portfolio management, corporate reporting/dashboards including ESG and cash management.
- The Financial Controller will create and implement controls and procedures that build integrity and accuracy in the company’s financial processes. Driving compliance and risk management for the corporation.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10+ years in senior management, ideally within small to medium-size businesses; have exposure to a wide range of issues and disciplines across the relevant portfolios of Finance, Equity, Compliance, Commodities, FX, Carbon, Risk, and Global Trade; and arrive prepared to lead by example in a “hands on varied, and integrity-focused environment.
- The ideal candidate will present successful high growth strategies and dynamics and be a highly disciplined, metrics driven change agent, focused on the bottom-line.
- Develop long term relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Manage growth of services, processes, and people, just the right amount required without hampering the flow of business.
- A trusted advisor to other leadership team members, experienced at being a be a key, objective source of advice and counsel as we make the big and the small decisions.
- Financial planning/forecasting, budgeting, implementing new or changes, monitoring progress and completion.
- Responsible for managing the financial systems, processes and data related to financial policies, processes, and transactions.
- Leading people, internal and external for the smooth completion of month ends, quarter ends and year ends.
- Support the Auditing, reporting processes.
- Experienced with reviewing legal documents and provide solutions to remove barriers to enabling the business to grow.
- Lead Risk and Compliance activities within the corporation.
- Experienced in M&A activity from inceptions to integration.
- Be highly analytical as well as creative with an innovative mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience working in a junior/medium oil and gas company.
- Hands on implementation, adoption and managing change for the company to remain compliant using financial systems Qbyte FM, Optix. With expert level competency in using/configuring/managing master data in Qbyte FM.
- Developed and Manage data related to financial roles to ensure we compliant with our systems and reporting.
- Comfortable with reporting tools like PowerBI, Excel and Sequel Databases.
- Implementation and compliance reporting in Corporate Compliance, SOX, SR&ED, IRAP, IFRS, GAAP, Canadian Production Revenue Accounting, Royalties, and tax programs.
- Experience implementing Carbon Credit programs a must.
- Ensure compliance with third party audited financials.
- Experience with audit, tax, legal and government regulations. Implementation, compliance and reportability.
- Expected to collaborate, managing to dates and deliverables and working with others to solve problems in a timely fashion.
- Strong IT and financial systems experience
- Deep Knowledge of Upstream O&G, and Managing Portfolio of Projects required.
- Detail orientated, ability to distill complex information into executive summaries or provide reports or financial reports.
- Has an affinity for investigative data mining and analytics.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous entrepreneurial, startup experience, in financial responsibilities
- Can do, will do, roll up your sleeves, speak up to share learnings type person.
REV recognizes and values the personnel required to drive the success of the organization and takes pride in a team orientated culture, nurturing work life balance. If working in an energic, creative and engaged team setting interests you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the email subject: Controller, Risk and Compliance Manager Position.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
Posted: December 2021, Full time / employee Revitalize Energy Inc.
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT