In order to ensure the health and safety of our teams, EPCOR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground may request an accommodation. We ask all candidates to consider this requirement when applying for a role at EPCOR.
Highlights of the job
We’re hiring up to one (1) full-time permanent Manager, Financial Reporting working out of Edmonton, AB.
We’re seeking to hire an enthusiastic and experienced financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting specialist to join our Corporate Reporting team. As the Manager, Financial Reporting, you will report to the Senior Manager, Consolidated Reporting and Analysis, and you will be accountable for preparing EPCOR Utilities Inc. consolidated financial statements and overseeing the consolidation of EPCOR’s budget and forecast process as well as our company-wide planning tool, Adaptive Insights.
What you’d be responsible for
- Preparation of periodic Consolidated Financial Statements in compliance with the applicable financial reporting standards and approved accounting policies.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing processes, primarily related to the Consolidated Financial Statements, to ensure compliance to policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Providing support to the business units in compliance with the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and support in preparation of accounting position papers for new accounting issues including accounting treatment of contemplated business acquisitions and development of new businesses.
- Oversee development and implementation of the budget and forecast process including preparation of instructions and templates for all business units.
- Consolidation of budget and forecast and preparation of presentations for senior leadership and the Board.
- Oversee EUI’s Adaptive Insights system and managing Analyst, Consolidated Reporting & Analysis to maintain the organizational structure, chart of accounts, versions and user groups.
- Review of changes in IFRS and preparing summary of such changes on monthly basis for review of Senior Management.
- Drafting new accounting policies / amendments to existing accounting policies resulting from changes in IFRS requirements.
- Provide support and guidance with preparation of standard and burden rates for budgeting and forecasting.
What’s required to be successful
- A professional accounting designation is required.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary educational institution is business, finance or accounting is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in managerial position is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with external reporting for public companies (preferably with consolidated reporting) is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with major financial applications system such as Oracle Financial Application or Adaptive Insights is required.
- Strong understanding of IFRS and Regulatory accounting practices and policies with the ability to research IFRS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare financial statements and budget presentations, and ability to build effective working relations with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong Excel, Word and other MS application skills. Skills with other database software tools (preferably with Oracle and Adaptive Insights) and data analysis would be a significant asset.
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple, sometimes conflicting, assignments to deliver on-time with high quality deliverables.
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 80 hours biweekly
Application deadline: December 5, 2021
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Commencing with your first day of employment as a permanent EPCOR employee you will enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five paid personal days off each year
- One Friday off per month
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
More search results
CPA Articling Student
Sander Rose Bone Grindle LLP - 342578
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student