Part-time Position - 20 Hours Per Week
If you excel at full cycle accounting in a not-for-profit environment, then we should talk.
For three decades, the Rural Health Professions Action Plan (RhPAP) has supported the efforts of rural Albertans to maintain an accessible health workforce close to home. Established in 1991 by the Government of Alberta as the Alberta Rural Physician Action Plan, and originally focused on supporting practicing rural physicians, RhPAP has grown to be a broader rural community health workforce attraction and retention resource, an ally with Alberta’s medical schools, as well as a trusted, collaborative partner for rural Alberta communities trying to achieve greater access to health care.
The Corporate Accountant / Team Lead, as part of the RhPAP Leadership team, reports directly to the Executive Director/CEO of RhPAP. In this hands-on position, you will be responsible for preparing month-end and year-end working papers, as-well-as, various accounting reports. In addition to the day-to-day accounting and team leadership duties, you will play a lead role in meeting the reporting needs of RhPAP’s stakeholders (funders and Board members, etc.) as well as meeting the new and ever-changing demands of GAAP.
- Providing status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Supervising, organizing, and mentoring the finance team, which is comprised of two staff.
- Oversee the preparation of:
- Various accounting reports as required including GST returns, GST rebate claims, financial reports, statements, support of government funding, T4 and honorarium payment summaries, and ad-hoc reports.
- Budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data. Recommending plans of action based on findings; present the latter to the RhPAP Finance and Audit Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Journal entries and produce financial statements, operation reports and reconciliations.
- Provide financial mentorship and training to staff.
- Achieving budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Monitoring and confirming financial condition by conducting audits, providing information to external auditors, and enforcing internal controls. And,
- Review and monitor accounts payable, receivable and payroll and process.
- Prepare annual operational budgets and/or forecasts and prepare analysis of actual results to budgets/forecasts.
- Maintain and monitor cash and accounts.
- Fully understand contractual obligations and grants and ensure reporting requirements associated with same are met.
- Maintain organizational grant, contract and MOU records and preserve confidential information.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and clients (both internal and external).
- Protecting operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Assure Compliance with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Manage investment portfolio, revenue, and deferred revenue.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- CPA Designation.
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting/finance.
- Experience managing day-to-day financial processes as well as establishing long-term goals and reporting;
- In-depth knowledge of auditing, accounting, and corporate finance; and
- Tracking budget expenses as well as the development and analysis of budgets.
- Up-to-date computer literacy, preferably in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products, with emphasis on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team-player, collaborative attitude, genuine kindness in dealings with all staff and stakeholders.
- Position structured as part-time .5 FTE
- Health, Dental, Health Spending Benefit, Parking/Transit Benefit, 4 weeks' vacation, and the opportunity to work in a positive, collaborative environment working to support the needs of rural Alberta, rural family physicians, medical residents/students, nurse, and allied health professions.
- Competitive salary in line with NGO/NPO/Public sector in Alberta.
Interested? We want to hear from you! Visit our Website https://rhpap.ca too!
ALL RESUMES MUST HAVE AN ACCOMPANYING COVER LETTER SHARING WHY YOU WOULD BE THE CANDIDATE OF CHOICE, OR YOUR RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
The posting is open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in the RhPAP; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT