Copoint (formerly TSGI Corporation) is a top-tier professional consultancy based in Calgary, Alberta. We leverage the SR&ED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development) tax incentive program to help our clients offset the risk of funding and re-invest in the people, research and experimentation that allows their businesses to evolve.
We are seeking a SR&ED Tax Advisor to join our team of SR&ED tax professionals. Our team is a vibrant mix of multi-disciplinary professionals, from chartered professional accountants to scientists and engineers. With expertise at the intersection of finance and technology, our advisors handle every aspect of our clients’ SR&ED applications so they can focus on their business and receive their full entitlements under the SR&ED tax credit program. With over 27 years as a thought leader in our field, our clients have confidence that our team gets the job done right. Copoint’s clients are dynamic, innovative, high-technology leaders from a diverse range of industries.
As an organization, we expect the very best from our employees and provide a fun and flexible work environment that respects work-life balance. We encourage initiative and creativity in getting the job done and are committed to the professional growth of our employees.
About this Role
This role involves scoping and preparing SR&ED Investment Tax Credit claims, guiding clients through the CRA audit process, and providing related tax planning advice. Developing and maintaining relationships with clients is a critical aspect of the role, and you’ll have lots of opportunity to put your problem-solving skills to work on complex files.
- Providing expert and professional counsel to key individuals at all levels in our diverse client base - presidents, chief financial officers, and tax managers as well as engineers and technology personnel
- Supporting strategic decisions by means of sound business analysis
- Liaising with accounting professionals from other firms with whom we coordinate our work
- Effectively acting on behalf of clients with tax authorities
- Conducting tax research, as required
- Coordinating service delivery with technical counterparts
- CPA designation with 3+ years public practice experience, preferably with an emphasis on tax
- Detail-oriented, analytical, organized and strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, results driven, able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Effective team player who can establish and build positive working relationships
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal, including fluent communication of technical financial information with clients and other stakeholders
- Exposure to and aptitude with various accounting systems and related software programs
In addition to a competitive salary, our remuneration and benefits include generous vacation/flex time, competitive medical and dental coverage, a health spending account, and a culture that strives to minimize the need for overtime. We foster an environment of continuous learning and professional development.
Copoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with “SR&ED Tax Advisor” in the subject line. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates local to Calgary, AB, will be considered. Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT