Wilmington Capital Management Inc. (TSX: WCM.A/B) is a public investment and asset management company invested in niche real estate (marinas, self-storage and recreational resorts) and energy businesses. Wilmington is currently in a growth stage seeking to add to its existing investments and invest in new opportunities. It provides employees with an interdisciplinary environment requiring multitasking experience.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting and Tax. This is a permanent position based in Calgary reporting to the Managing Partner and VP Finance.
- Prepare all aspects of accounting, reporting and public company compliance requirements including:
- quarterly reporting packages and related working papers/journal entries
- financial accounting entries and calculations such as stock-based compensation, current and deferred tax and investment valuations
- annual and quarterly financial statements and note disclosures
- annual and quarterly MD&A and news release
- assist with the preparation of the annual information form and management circular
- review of payments and directly assist in banking matters
- Research and document accounting position papers for recent or upcoming accounting standards in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”)
- Prepare corporate tax returns
- Manage contract accountant(s)
- Liaise with external auditors
- Liaise will all investees accounting departments and provide support to the investees as needed including preparation of stand-alone financial statements
- Provide financial information and analysis on an as needed basis to management
- Prepare annual partnership tax returns for investees
- Prepare annual and quarterly bank covenant calculations and reporting packages for investees
- Assist the Managing Partner and VP Finance with operational duties for certain investees
- Professional designation in accounting is required – CPA, CA. No exceptions.
- A minimum of five years of experience.
- Motivated individual with strong communication and analytical skills.
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic complemented with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency at MS Office applications, specifically Excel
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Additional information regarding Wilmington can be found on sedar.com
More search results
CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
The City of Red Deer - Human Resources
Financial Planning and Budget Analyst
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
Secure Energy Services Inc.
CPA Articling Student
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT