The role will focus on assisting with accounting and finance activities for the division. The successful candidate will be a driven individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, someone that can innovate, inspire, collaborate, and excels in a fast pace environment. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and wants to make an impact in their career; someone who understands business, people, and systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee/assist in the daily accounting and finance activities for the organization
- Assisting with month-end close activities; accounting for all business transactions with journal entries, updating financial statements, preparing monthly financial reports, processing accounts payable.
- Assist in the monthly reporting and analysis of financial results including detailed variance review of the month’s operational results, review/preparation banking transactions and reconciliations, and review/preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations (including leases, ARO etc.)
- Assist with the interim audit and year-end audit – preparing audit schedules, providing information at auditor’s request, providing explanation for variances, etc.
- Provide support and financial assistance in an efficient and timely manner to various stakeholders.
- Assist with the workloads of other members of the Finance team, when needed.
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial information.
The individual in this role will have:
- 5 years’ experience in a related role or professional designation
- A completed diploma or degree in finance or accounting, or related field
- Professional Designation is considered a strong asset but not a requirement
- Dynamics AX 2012 or D365 experience is a strong asset but not a requirement
- Accurate and detail oriented; Ability to take initiative, be assertive in completing tasks, be flexible to handle a variety of activities concurrently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Advanced Excel skills
The following are considered assets in this role:
- Previous experience in a public accounting role
- Advanced technological/analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to learn new computer systems is essential
- Ability to work over-time during peak periods of the year