CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor
Located centrally between Alberta’s two largest cities with over 100km of beautiful trails within Red Deer City Limits our City has a lot to offer. The City of Red Deer is always on the hunt for talented and success driven people. We are always seeking creative and skilled individuals with the ability and desire to lead in our dynamic workplace.
We are currently recruiting for the right person to fill the position of CSV Accounting & Financial Supports Supervisor. This position is responsible for supporting the accounting functions of the Division including Business Excellence, Safe & Healthy Communities, Park & Public Works, Transit and Fleet and Utilities as assigned. The Supervisor is responsible for the management and leadership of the assigned Administration Section, with staff potentially in multiple locations. This position provides planning, coordination and preparation of financial and budget documents. This role serves as an accounting steward for the department, which involves the recording, disposition and reconciliation of tangible capital assets (TCA). This role is depended on by the division to offer recommendations on best practices, process improvements and efficiency ideas to support effective and responsive decision making by Division leadership.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Professional accounting designation, plus continuous training and development.
- Equivalent experience may be considered
- Minimum 5 years progressively more responsible accounting experience
- 3 years supervisory experience an asset
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to resolve complex problems
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated financial, statistical, work management, budget planning systems and Utility Rate Making Principals
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with city residents, Internal and External Stakeholders and Leadership Teams
- Strong and diverse computer skills to function in a variety of complex financial and asset management systems (e.g. JDE, Hansen Work Management & Utility Financial and Rate Models)
- Demonstrates well developed supervisory and leadership qualities with focus on a Safe and Respectful Workplace Environment
- Demonstrates advanced finance and accounting skills and understanding of a diverse business environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy in a financial environment where consequence of error may have a significant negative impact on the Department and the City
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive wage of $40.78 to $50.97 per hour and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals. If you like what you have read and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
More search results
Financial Reporting Analyst
Canary Biofuels Inc.
Board Member of Westmount Charter School Society …
Westmount Charter School
Kids Developmental Services Ltd.
Financial Services Specialist
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Vice President & Executive Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners