Manager, Employer Services
“If you enjoy leading people, managing risk, designing and implementing process improvements,
and you have a personality that people want to learn from, this could be the role for you.”
What you’re passionate about
Leading, learning and compliance is at the core of your “why,” so this role will keep you motivated engaged and inspired. You are passionate about risk assessment, audit, accuracy, and designing and implementing process improvement. You recognize the importance of understanding complex rules and building processes to ensure accurate results and improved efficiency. You love collaborating with team members, including subject matter experts and stakeholders, to build best in class solutions.
A typical day for the Manager of Employer Services
- Support, mentor, develop and collaborate with Employer Services team members
- Establish relationships and provide operational support to over 500 employers participating in public sector pension plans in Alberta:
- Managing the administration of an employer compliance program, including the development and refinement of programs and performance measures which assist employers in meeting their legislative obligations in pension plan administration
- External relations management and communication between APS and employers
- Operational management of timely remittance, reconciliation, reporting and settlement of member and employer data and contributions
- Resolution of complex policy-based issues, in collaboration with the internal teams and APS’ clients
- Identify, prioritize and execute on process improvement and innovation initiatives and projects
- Establish collaborative working relationships with APS’ clients
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with all facets of the APS organization
What you bring
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- University degree with 5 to 7 years directly related experience; or certificate or diploma with minimum 10 years of directly related experience
- Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC) is considered an asset
- Experience in building and leading high-performance teams in a mid-size or large organization
- Experience leading a compliance or risk management team in a mid-size or large organization
- Experience identifying and implementing change and process improvement initiatives
- Experience in ensuring team engagement and implementing performance management
- Strong leadership skills including prioritization, collaboration, motivation, coaching, mentoring, tactical and strategic thinker
- Strong communication skills including encouragement, persuasion, influencing, conflict and problem resolution
Why choose APS
APS is made up of hardworking, respectful and talented people who understand and invite diversity to the workplace. We take pride in holding ourselves accountable and continuing to meet or exceed service levels for plan members, pensioners and employers. We ensure they receive quality services because they—along with our people—are the reason we endure and succeed.
And it sure feels good helping hard working Albertans receive their well-deserved pensions.
What APS has to offer
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Flexible work arrangements that make sense to you: work from home, compressed work weeks, relocation and more
- Community-minded workplace with a friendly team environment
- Vacation starting at 20 days per year, 13 statutory holidays, personal days, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Competitive benefit package featuring extended health and dental benefits and a 100% employer-paid flexible spending account
- In-house training programs, extensive career development and coaching program, access to LinkedIn Learning tracks
- Discount programs through various partner agencies
Send us your details
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. Each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for.
Please Note: If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please send a separate submission for each competition. The successful candidate(s) will be required to undergo a security screening as a condition of employment. This job posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies within APS at the same or lower classification.
Thank you for your interest in Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS). Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.