Senior Financial Analyst
- BURNCO Rock Products Ltd.
- Calgary, Alberta (Hybrid - in office and remote)
- $95000 to $110000 plus RRSP Matching & Benefits
- Job Industry
- Construction/Project Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Excellence. Integrity. Passion.
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 109 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
BURNCO is hiring a skilled Senior Financial Analyst to join our busy and growing team of Finance professionals in our Calgary, Alberta headquarters. Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Finance & Reporting, the Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in financial reporting, technical accounting matters, consolidation and process improvements. You will act as an advisor to the business and provide accounting opinions on various issues and transactions. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a self-motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is looking for a career in a fast-growing organization.
Working at BURNCO means you will build infrastructure that will be around for generations. Infrastructure built on a foundation of prudent financial strategies and effective operational decision-making. Apply Today!
What You Will Be Doing
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Preparing monthly divisional financial statements and analysis, ensuring the highest quality, reliability, and accuracy
- Detailed analysis of actual results to budget and forecast
- Assist General Managers with compiling and analyzing information for quarterly business reviews, budgets and forecasts including capital, and other ad-hoc requests
- Responsible for the monthly closing process, reconciliations and analysis of related accounts including but not limited to inventory, capital assets, and asset retirement obligations
- Complete comprehensive quarterly valuation of inventory costing
- Present any issues encountered with proposed resolutions to Senior Manager, Finance & Reporting
- Prepare year end working papers and schedules for annual Financial Audit
- Identify opportunities to automate, streamline and further develop reporting processes. Lead continuous improvement initiatives as they relate to your business unit
- Responsible for the research and resolution of accounting issues, including evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards to ensure ASPE compliance with supporting memo documentation
- Communicating, assisting, and collaborating with internal and external clients in an effective and professional manner
- Provide support, coordination, address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers while taking ownership of issues and ensuring a timely and successful resolution
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other team members
- Take a leadership role to collaborate with Operations, Finance, and Financial Planning & Analysis teams
- Establish relationships and communicate effectively with people in a variety of departments
- Engage with staff and management regularly to discuss status of activities and deadlines
What We Would Like From You
Qualifications & Experiences
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- Recently designated CPA with relevant firm or industry experience in a financial reporting capacity
- Desire for continuous learning, analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Hard-working and willing to take on challenges
- Takes initiative when it comes to completing all tasks
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Able to effectively manage the workflow requirements through others not directly on your team
- Oracle Cloud experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel for reporting and data analysis
IMPORTANT: Applicants selected for hire will be required to successfully complete a background check (which may include reference verifications, criminal background and credit bureau checks). Candidate hired will also be subject to BURNCO's Canadian COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Posted: December 2, 2021
Open Until Filled
More search results
Board Member of Westmount Charter School Society …
Westmount Charter School
Kids Developmental Services Ltd.
Primary Engineering & Construction Corp
Senior Staff Accountant (Public Accounting Firm)
Buchanan Barry LLP
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP