Senior Analyst, Investor Relations
At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Fas Gas Plus, Pioneer, RaceTrac, Superpumper, Ultramar, Chevron, Esso, and ON the RUN.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Position Title: Senior Analyst, Investor Relations
Team and Location: Investor Relations - Calgary, AB
The Senior Analyst, Investor Relations, will be responsible for analysis and insight regarding Parkland Corporation’s capital markets positioning and support of the broader capital markets mandate. The successful candidate will produce materials used by the senior management team and board of directors when making capital markets decisions for Parkland. The role will also support the communication with both existing and prospective stakeholders in both the equity and debt capital markets.
- Operation, analysis and insightful communication of the simplified corporate model. Work with key internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely analysis of the Company’s positioning and the impact on Capital Markets initiatives
- Conduct analysis regarding Parkland’s position in the market place for use by the Senior Leadership Team "SLT" and Board for long term balance sheet positioning
- Conduct peer group analysis, gather market intelligence and develop reports for senior management
- Provide supplementary and ad hoc financial analysis, particularly relating to equity and debt capital market activities
Investor Relations Strategy:
- Support the development and execution of Parkland’s investor relations strategy and all written material describing business initiatives and financial results for conference call scripts, interim and annual reports, news releases and other public disclosures
- Preparation of materials for Senior Management and the Board
- Help create presentations and other communication materials for industry events, and presentations to brokers, analysts and investors
- Support other stakeholders within Parkland, as directed
- Monitor and report on research analyst investment ratings, target prices, earnings estimates and various other financial and operating metrics
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent degree with a focus in Finance
- Masters of Business Administration is a strong asset
- CFA or CPA is required
- Close to 10 years of Financial Markets experience, preferably in related industry, Investment Banking, Research, or Wealth Management
- Strong work ethic and appreciation of time-sensitive deliverables
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with associated confidence to effectively correspond with senior management and other levels of the organization
- Superior financial modelling, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Expectation to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- A flexible group benefit plan that offers health and dental coverage choices to meet the needs of each unique employee. Inclusive of life and disability insurances, Health Care and Lifestyle Spending options, and a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, and credit.