Senior Account (Full Cycle)
- Calgary Philharmonic
- Floor 2, 205 8 Avenue SE Calgary, AB T2G 0K9
- Range: $66,000 - $78,000 annually
- Job Industry
- Arts, entertainment and recreation, Other
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Senior Accountant (Full cycle)
The Calgary Philharmonic celebrated 65 years as a pillar of Calgary’s vibrant arts community in 2020 and has grown to be one of Canada’s most celebrated live music ensembles. Led by Music Director Rune Bergmann, the Calgary Phil presents classical standards, pop favourites, bold collaborations, and cutting-edge new works, and attracts world-renowned guest artists and dynamic conductors. In a typical Season, the Orchestra welcomes more than 100,000 visitors to the concert hall and reaches audiences around the world through its free and accessible digital programming — an immersive, online concert experience that launched in 2017.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who is a self-starter that can roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds to take on and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Finance team. As a key member of the administrative team, you will report to the Director, Finance + Administration and work closely with the operations accountant and with all other levels of the organization including Artistic Operations, Development, and Marketing + Sales. This position supports our mission to nurture the human spirit through powerful orchestral performances by providing accurate, timely, and relevant financial information to all our stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has experience in full cycle accounting and is curious to look under the hood of our organization to help us work smoothly, transparently, and effectively.
- Payroll and benefits administration and bi-monthly processing of payroll for staff and musicians
- Supervise and be accountable for all daily tasks of the Finance Team
- Ability to take on the AP/AR role when necessary
- Responsible for month-end close and all balance sheet account reconciliations
- Work with Development and Sales teams to ensure accuracy of entries into our CRM database system (Spektrix) and reconcile with our financial systems
- Ensure processes are documented and followed for control purposes and financial audits
- Assist the Director, Finance + Administration to prepare accurate financial reports for the board, funders, and other stakeholders
- Assist in budgets and forecasting as well as cash flow management
- 3 to 5 years of full cycle accounting experience
- CPA designation
- In-depth knowledge of Excel and ability to learn financial systems and other database programs quickly
- Strong time management skills
- Strong work ethic for ensuring accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team
- Salary range for this full-time position is $66,000 to $78,000 annually
- As part of our full compensation package, Calgary Phil offers 3 weeks vacation, a comprehensive benefits package that includes RRSP contributions, health coverage, an employee assistance program, bonus days off, and other non-cash benefits
- This position currently requires the ability to work from both home and office. Training, support, and supervision will occur virtually
- COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine prior to the candidates’ start date.
- Office location: Arts Commons, Floor 2, 205 8 Avenue SE Calgary AB T2G 0K9
- The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer
Application Process Deadline: 21 January 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and suitable candidates may be contacted before the deadline.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director, Finance + Administration
We thank you for your interest in the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.