Analyst, Underwriting Private Mortgages Division
ABOUT KV CAPITAL INC
Founded in 2006 and based in Edmonton, KV Capital Inc.’s operations include capital raising, private mortgage lending, private equity and mortgage brokering (residential and commercial). KV Capital has grown by prioritizing the achievement of long-term outcomes and building teams of high-performing professional staff who excel in their collaborative and dynamic operations. We are cultivating a culture of excellence and strongly believe in operating under best practices in everything we do. We know to be successful we need the best people. We aspire to be the destination for top talent and are committed to hiring the best people to curate exceptional client service.
KC Capital’s private mortgage division currently manages a $180 million mortgage portfolio of short term residential, commercial, and construction mortgages. KV Capital conducts in-house underwriting and provides funding to borrowers located in Canada under real-estate secured financing transactions.
POSITION Analyst/Senior Analyst, Underwriting
Private Mortgages Division
Job title dependent on seniority of the successful applicant
The successful candidate will be able to analyze, value security for, critically assess, and structure all types of commercial mortgage loan applications, including land acquisition, residential and commercial construction, inventory loans, bridge financing, and repositioning loans. Your ability to identify critical issues, inconsistencies in the applications as well as an assessment of the feasibility of real estate projects will be critical in this role.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete timely review and feasibility assessment of project-based mortgage loan applications under an asset secured model;
- Identify, assess, quantify, and evaluate moderate to complex risks on a project-by-project basis through:
- Valuation of real estate security;
- Developing and completing efficient and comprehensive due diligence procedures on a deal by deal basis;
- Preparing and maintaining working papers to support underwriting recommendations; and
- Structuring financing terms, pricing risk, and recommending deals.
- Initiate, organize, and conduct ongoing monitoring of projects over the term of any financing advanced;
- Work closely with in-house business development staff, borrowers, and third party brokers / clients to develop and maintain positive business relationships; and
- Provide on-going mortgage administration services, including processing mortgage advances, renewals, payouts, and discharges; as well as preparing periodic reports.
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and organization skills;
- Strong financial acumen;
- Working knowledge of the real estate and/or mortgage industry;
- Awareness of local (Albertan and Canadian) economic conditions and indicators;
- Professional, friendly, and courteous demeanor;
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, with a demonstrated expertise in Excel;
- A degree, designation or certification in a related field is preferred (note this position will provide qualified hours for CBV and CFA candidates); and
- 5 years of directly related experience using Spin, various real estate information databases, and performing credit bureau searches would be an asset, but not required.
LOCATION Edmonton, Alberta
COMPENSATION Base salary commensurate with experience and education supplemented by incentive-based compensation tied to the key performance metric of volume of deals underwritten and managed with a successful funding outcome.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.kvcapital.ca.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Colin Brenneis (Senior Director, Underwriting) at Colin.Brenneis@kvcapital.ca
Please indicate “Senior Analyst, Underwriting” in the subject line