Northern Mat & Bridge (NMB) is Canada’s first choice in providing safe, cost-effective temporary access solutions for any industry, including Power Transmission and Distribution; Pipeline; Oil & Gas; Emergency Response; Renewable Energy; Forestry; Mining and General Construction. As a leading industrial service provider, NMB is Canada’s largest provider of access mats and have operations from British Columbia to the Maritimes.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for effectively and efficiently meeting the financial requirements of the organization while ensuring that GAAP are being always followed. The accounting team works collaboratively to meet internal and external reporting requirements while continuously striving to improve processes in our growing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and working papers in a timely manner
- General ledger maintenance and reconciliation
- Project job costing
- Accounting for Manufacturing
- Journal Entry preparation and posting
- Government remittances
- Developing monthly and ad hoc reports as required
- Online and paper filing
- Other duties when required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrated communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities, networking and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organization/priority management skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Assertive personality
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Analytical and critical thinker
- 5+ years’ experience working in an Accounting position preferably in the Construction, Manufacturing and/or Energy Services Industries
- Canadian GAAP and IFRS Accounting Standards
- MS Office experience a must (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Power BI and Jet Reports an asset
- Professional Accounting Designation or equivalent experience
A hybrid work from home schedule is being offered for the position. The suitable candidate will be based out of our Grande Prairie or Calgary office location.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. This role includes a great employer paid benefits package, and RSP matching program.
If you think your skill base matches what we are looking for please send us your resume by email to HR@northernmat.ca
NMB is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol-free workplace.