- MaXfield LP
- Crossfield, Alberta
- Compensatory with experience, Health and Dental
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
We are looking for an experienced Financial Manager to undertake all aspects of financial management, including operational accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures and cash management. The Finance Manager will report to the General Manager, work closely with the Divisional Controller of TVK LPG and will manage direct reports.
- Utilize your experience to help MAXFIELD achieve its goal of being the best cash generating (EBITDA %) LPG equipment and service provider in the industry.
- Help grow MAXFIELD in annual profitable revenue within 3-5 years.
- Help Identify new markets and partnerships opportunities
- Assist in evaluating and integrating any acquisitions opportunities
- Provide general leadership and support as part of the Sr management team
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Payroll and Benefits
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of internal business unit and other department, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
Reporting and Operations
- Ensure Maxfield is providing the monthly certification file and reporting package on time and accurately
- Review certification files prior to submission to corporate
- Prepare reporting package for submission to corporate
- Participate in monthly financial reviews with Maxfield Sr management team.
- Provide analysis to support business decision making and operational activities
- Ensure weekly Direct and Unapplied reporting is provided to management
- Ensure sales backlogs and revenue forecasts are accurate and updated
- Review job cost and provide summary analysis of trends, issues, and opportunities to management
- Provide knowledge and insight on manufacturing best practices and ways to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Seek to improve and streamline accounting and finance activities
- Assist in harmonizing and standardizing processes and practices
Budgeting and Banking
- Lead the budgeting process based on Sales forecast provided to you, managements yearly improvement plans and past performance
- Manage cash and loan balances appropriately for business operations
Internal Controls and Compliance
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and being adhered to by Maxfield
- Seek to harmonize processes and procedures
- Provide control on new customer account and credit limits
- Provide oversight on AR collections – ensuring AR reports are going out to management and sales weekly.
- Provide oversight on year end procedures, lead inventory counts process and variance analysis
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, especially for sales tax, import and export requirements
- Provide working experience as a Controller with leadership and support as part of the management team
- Advanced degree in accounting and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 10 years of experience of overall combined accounting, finance, financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end / year and close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills (Office suite, Epicor, Encompix)
- Strong leader with strong analytical skills, hard worker who recognize performance and encourages teamwork, respect, and effective communication.