Major Projects Analyst
- United Safety Ltd
- Airdrie, Alberta
- To be negotiated
- MPA - 0001
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Services
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
Job Title: Major Project Analyst
Reports to: Canadian Operating Ex-Com
Issue Date: December 30, 2021
Approved: Vice President Canada
The Major Project Analyst is United Safety’s liaison between the customer on site, Busines Analyst’s (Billing), Senior Site Leadership, and the Executive Committee for all billing objectives. This position will create, participate, and review all billing documentation for the project to head office. This position is critical to communicate and liaison between customer, Operations, Management and Finance to achieve a successful outcome on major projects.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Records Management: Keeping detailed records both electronically (network drive) and manually. Ensures that completed billing is distributed to appropriate persons or filed.
- Support; Including.
- Participate in RFP or RFQ’s with the sales group and/or operations.
- Assist in the preparation of quotes and company internal documentation for the planning of projects.
- Liaison with customer to understand the reporting and submission expectations as it pertains to billing/invoicing.
- Participate in Financial needs assessment and provide guidance where needed to operations team.
- Become SME for entering information into client systems (LEMS, SAP, other).
- Review documentation being submitted and ensuring timelines are being met by billing team.
- Recommendations for process improvement at site and within back office.
- Purchase order tracking (actual to PO value) and budget variance as required by customer.
- Weekly financial reporting.
- Post project finance reporting.
- Support Business Analysts in problem solving.
- Communicate with site leadership on customer expectations and review results.
- Communicate major project status during the event to senior management.
- Ad hoc reporting for customer, company, and management
- Create metrics to analyze the success of each project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Includes: Inter-office relationships with the customers and employees regarding time sensitive documents. These documents deal with high level stress situations, so the ability to work with individuals in a cool and collective manner will be an asset. Ability to represent the company; interact with clients, employees and the public and deal with situations that arise.
- Problem Solving: Must be a pro-active problem solver as situations will arise where issues will have to be resolved internally. These situations may not be a common occurrence, and there is a support team in place for all situations, however this would be an asset for any individual considering this role. Identifies and reports problems; assesses and corrects problems; prevents problem reoccurrence.
- Adaptability and Accountability: Adapts to change throughout the seasons and is willing to help out in other facets of the operations department as required. Adapting to change i.e.: organizational change; solving company and client problems; eager to provide administrative support to other employees.
- Stress Management: Ability to deal with high stress moments throughout the day, accompanied with periods of down time.
- Teamwork: Must be a team player with a collaborative work style. Must be willing to take on new duties as workload permits; broaden scope and depth of skills and capabilities. Ability to provide support to other projects unrelated to current role.
- Effective Communication (verbal and written): Effective communication with clients and employees is essential for the role. It is important to deal with any questions and concerns raised by clients and employees in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service: Develops and maintains excellent relations with customers.
- Safety Practice. Understanding and applying company and client policies and procedures; industry practices & fundamental OH&S regulation.
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent administrative abilities and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good business acumen and ability to demonstrate operational excellence
- Ability to maximize cost effectiveness
- Ability to understand financial information
- Strong numeric skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: High School Diploma and Post Secondary
- Education: Accounting background and working towards an accounting designation
- Experience: leading small teams and communicating with different levels of the organization
- Experience: 1 year – 3 years
- Some travel may be required to Customer sites within Alberta