Financial Reporting Analyst
Financial Reporting Analyst
Full Time | Simmons Financial Holdings Corp
We think businesses are beautiful. Thoughtfully created they bring together people and purpose that make the world a better place. So, we build businesses. Simmons Financial Holdings (“SFHC” or the “Company”) is a family office that was formed in 1999 and has since been involved in building, owning and operating of a diversified portfolio of businesses, which, from time to time, has included: renewable energy, oil and gas services, retail energy, financial services, automotive design, real estate management and development, and technology.
SFHC’s subsidiary, Durum Capital Inc. (“Durum”), acts as Asset Manager that oversees the portfolio of private investments that SFHC and other third parties are invested in. Durum provides a spectrum of operational and financial services to the private funds it administers, including back-office support of capital markets, legal, finance, accounting and administrative services.
The Company is seeking an enthusiastic and bright individual who is eager to learn, independent, motivated and interested in hands-on work being a part of the Finance and Accounting team working on a diverse group of funds and investments. The successful candidate will report to the Controller and work closely with other members of the Finance and Accounting team.
Ultimately, we view ourselves as being a brain trust focused on optimizing potential to build own and operate a diversified portfolio of businesses. We believe excellence does not exist within comfort zones. People are meant to be challenged and boundaries pushed. Our strength is derived by honouring our carefully crafted reputation for creating strong teams comprised of people willing to step beyond their comfort zones. Our culture is thus deeply passionate. We believe value is created through the discovery of something better, so we seek to have a team that engages in the positive and optimistic investigation of possibility. And we believe lasting trusting relationships are built over lifetimes and ultimately protect us and are an important part of keeping us safe. Our people are expressive and candid communicators who respect the opinions of others as part of challenging the status quo. And finally, our people are focused and disciplined with a practical approach and the tenacity to make our aspirations become reality. We are creators!
If all of this resonates for you, we would love to learn more about you through a cover letter and resume.
POSITION TITLE: Financial Reporting Analyst
MAIN FUNCTIONS: Accounting, Taxation, Finance and Administration
REPORTS TO: Controller
COMPENSATION:Salary and incentive programs will be negotiable and based on qualifications
• Post-secondary qualifications resulting in a diploma or a degree in commerce with a focus on accounting; CPA designations are preferred but not required;
• Strong (3+ years) of finance or accounting experience and knowledge of IFRS/ASPE and tax compliance;
• Experience with financial modeling and forecasting
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience with Quickbooks or other accounting system
• Attention to details and accuracy, with a high ability to problem solve independently
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliver on strict timelines
• Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Experience in the following programs is required:
- Microsoft Office (intermediate excel skills)
- Skilled and experienced with QuickBooks application
- Standard knowledge of IT Systems
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and a highly ambitious person. Advanced organization skills are a must.
Some of your duties for SFHC and its investment companies will include (but will not be limited to):
• Prepare and update financial statements, budgets versus actual, and other financial analyses depending on the company’s needs in a timely manner. Ensuring that financials are prepared in compliance with IFRS/ASPE, up to date on reporting standards.
• Present financial statements and other financial reports (i.e.offering cost analyses) to key management
• Support external financial reporting deliverables as needed
• Coordinate with Controller and be main liaison for any audits
• Review filings, press releases, and presentations containing financial data
• Assist in financial modeling and forecasting
• Prepares tax returns depending on the company’s needs
• Completion of all GST/PST examinations
• Support maintenance of key operational accounting functions: reconciliations, AP, AR, accruals, deposits, monitoring AFE’s or WO’s
• Assist the Controller in monitoring and reporting on internal controls at least annually
• Work on ad hoc projects such as financial models
SIMMONS FINANCIAL HOLDINGS CORP