Pearson Cardell LLP is growing and is looking for a full-time Senior Accounting Technician to work with us in Calgary. If you enjoy working with owners of Alberta small businesses in a variety of entrepreneurial fields then this might be the right opportunity for you. Under the supervision of the Accounting Partner this Senior Technician will be responsible for completing file preparation including financial statements for NTR/T2 compilation and review engagements.
This is a wonderful opportunity to further develop your career in a flexible and supportive work environment.
- Preparation of working papers, financial statements and tax returns in accordance with firm standards (T2, NTRs, Reviews and Audits)
- Preparation of external filings such as GST returns, T1 personal tax returns, T4 & T5 returns
- Bookkeeping and Payroll
- Oversee and assist with preparation of larger and more complicated engagements
- Post Secondary degree/diploma in related field
- Software Competency in the following: Caseware, Profile; and bookkeeping software (Quickbooks, Sage 50)
- 5 years of experience working in a public accounting firm with owner managed businesses
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Caseware and Profile
- Knowledge of the Canada Revenue Agency on line portal for businesses and TRACS system for Alberta corporations
- 5 years bookkeeping experience with Sage 50 or Quickbooks or equivalent
Characteristics and Competencies
- The candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision, this Senior Accounting Technician position is not entry level
- Self-starter, strong time management skills
- Critical and Forward thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and flexibility to manage multiple tasks
- Can work on multiple projects at the same time
- Building effective working relationships with client contacts and responding effectively to client requests
Why Choose Pearson Cardell LLP?
- Above average compensation
- Full suite of health and dental benefits
- Private office with window
- On-site parking
- Relaxed work environment
- Flexible time-off for leave outside of busy season (personal leave, long-weekends, holidays, etc)
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Expected Start Date: Immediate
All applications will be kept confidential. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Submit your Resume and Cover letter through this ad or email directly to: email@example.com
Your cover letter should contain:
- The word APPLE as an example of your attention to detail
- The answer to the following: What are the 3 most important steps you use to complete the working papers for a Notice to Reader?
- Pearson Cardell LLP has an overtime expectation in the months of March, April and May in order to meet the tax deadlines for its clients. What are your thoughts on overtime requirements with respect to work/life balance?
More search results
Financial Reporting Analyst
Canary Biofuels Inc.
Board Member of Westmount Charter School Society …
Westmount Charter School
Kids Developmental Services Ltd.
Financial Services Specialist
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Vice President & Executive Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners