Northern Gateway Public Schools invites applications for a Full-time Accountant. This position is located at the Division Office in Whitecourt, Alberta.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Prepare the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis
· Prepare and verify returns for external bodies (eg. GST returns)
· Assist with the preparation of working papers for the external auditors
· Assist with the preparation of monthly reporting
· Prepare general ledger account reconciliations on a timely basis
· Perform Accounts Payable and/or Receivable functions as required
· Perform other duties as required
Requirements for the Position
· Post secondary degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field
· Working towards an accounting designation is preferred
· Five years experience of full cycle accounting
· Attention to detail and accuracy in a fast paced environment
Annual salary range is $60,000 to $80,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Start date – ASAP
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
In accordance with Northern Gateway Public Schools’ Administrative Procedures, all employees not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in a rapid testing program.
If shortlisted, applicants must bring to the interview a Release of Results of Vulnerable Sector Check that is current within three (3) months.
We appreciate all applications, but will only contact those who are shortlisted