Chief Financial Officer
- Nelson/Kraft and Associates
- 3005 Central Ave. Waldheim, SK, S0K 4R0
- $80,000 - $100,000 annually
- Amity Trust
- Job Industry
- Banking, Finance
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Chief Financial Officer – Amity Trust
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Amity Trust
WHO WE ARE
Amity Trust offers financial services for anyone and everyone. Our purpose is to guide individuals to financial peace so they can live out their purpose. We walk our clients through all of life’s major milestones – from mortgages, to investing, to estate planning, and through them all we offer client focused solutions at reasonable prices.
We value all people. Rooted in our servant-hearted perspective, we truly connect with our clients and work to find the best unique solution for them. Amity Trust is seeking a like-minded Chief Financial Officer to join our collaborative management team. As CFO, you will provide strategic leadership and management of the accounting and finance functions of a financial institution operating with a Christian perspective. If our values of compassion and professionalism align with your perspective on meaningful work, we’d love to talk with you!
For more information, please visit our website www.amitytrust.ca
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible to:
- Prepare financial statements and other reports for the Board on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Oversee efficient operation of client deposit services through supervision of cashier’s office. Provide insight into risk analysis of operating a financial institution.
- Work with external auditor to oversee preparation of audited financial statements. Oversee CRA reporting requirements for registered and open client funds.
- Create, support and maintain a positive team culture in alignment with the vision, mission and values of Amity Trust.
- Work collaboratively as part of management team consisting of CEO, CFO and CIO (Chief Investment Officer) as well as the Branch Managers.
- Report to Board of Directors on financial issues as directed by CEO.
- Produce all corporate financial tracking and reporting using proprietary software (Axon) as well as spreadsheets and other tools as appropriate.
- Oversee maintenance and ongoing development of Axon.
- Ensure compliance with all externally and internally mandated financial benchmarks.
- Liaise with both regulatory and internally contracted auditors.
- Oversee ongoing processes and annual CRA reporting for all registered investment products (RSP, RIF, TFSA).
- Responsible for administration of corporate payroll.
- Work in collaboration with CEO to manage corporate investment portfolio.
- Oversee loan approvals within policy limits and serve as required on Management Credit Committee which reviews and approves larger/more complex loans.
- Obtain knowledge about all services and products offered to clients.
- Supervise staff assigned as direct reports and perform evaluations.
- Recommend improvements/new processes to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and profitability.
- Commit to ensuring smooth operation of company matters in agreement with Christian ethics and sound business practices.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all relevant areas.
- Possess good public relations skills to deal with clients, staff, Board and supervising church conferences.
- Earn the respect of staff and their recognition as an authority figure.
- Accounting designation, or progress towards one; CPA preferred.
- Business/Commerce degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience working in the management of a financial institution.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities, people and deadlines in an office environment. Possess good organization skills and ability to delegate effectively.
- Management work hours implied.
- As an extension of the three church bodies that own Amity Trust, staff are expected to display Christ-like character in their daily lives.
Competitive salary based on experience.
- Group Life and Disability
- Health Insurance
- RRSP/TFSA – matching 5%
- Generous vacation based on years served Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Humanitarian Leave available after 3 years
Location: Waldheim, SK
Application Deadline: February 16, 2002
Start Date: May 2022
To start a confidential inquiry or to apply, please contact Larry Nelson at email@example.com
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.