- Transcend LLP
- High River, Alberta
About the Opportunity
Located in High River, Alberta, Transcend LLP, is a full-service professional accounting firm serving Southern Alberta, and beyond, with clientele in a wide range of industries.
Transcend LLP is focused on building a culture that places a high priority on client relationships, professional development and work life balance and is searching for a Senior Accountant to help support with the firm’s growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with clients and building and developing an accounting team to ensure the continued growth and success of the firm.
- Prepare Notice to Reader and Review Engagements, including completion of all working papers, adjusting journal entries, and financial statements;
- Keep up-to-date on the content and practical applications of accounting and assurance standards, and know how to access and research professional and technical materials;
- Complete Personal and Corporate Tax Returns, Trust Returns, and T4 and T5 slips
- Effective communication with our clients, with government agencies and with our partners and staff
- Working cooperatively and effectively with other staff members.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant public practice experience with a minimum of 1 year of reviewing flies.
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Tax Cycle, Profile an MS Office.
- Public accounting experience including Review Engagements and the preparation of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality client service, quality of work, compliance with the Firm’s policies and procedures, professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills & client service skills
- Strong-time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- A compensation and benefits package that provides incentives and rewards performance.
- Work – life balance.
- A fast-paced environment that provides opportunities for professional development.