- Calgary NW
- Job Industry
- Public Accounting
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
- Assist in planning, execution and completion of a wide range of Audit, Review and Compilation (T1, T2, T3, T5) engagements, both independently and as part of a team
- Supervise junior staff during field assignments, inform managers of engagement status and manage engagement progress
- Analyze financial information, accounting processes and operations procedures; provide account reconciliations and propose adjusting entries
- Prepare personal, corporate, non- profit organization information and charitable tax returns
- Collaborate with peers and senior management on file planning and completion within time constraints
- Provide personal, attentive service to clients to encourage productive working relationships
- Preparation and review of financial statements and related note disclosures
A successful candidate will have:
- Working towards CPA designation
- Experience leading junior staff on client deliverables
- Project management and strong organization skills
- Experience with Caseware/Caseview, TaxPrep, Sage Accounting and Quickbooks (QBO) is an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘Staff Accountant, Assurance (YOUR NAME)’ in the subject line.
Versatile is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and appreciate the strength of diversity. Your applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Upon request, we will accommodate accessibility needs throughout the recruitment and selection process.
*All applications are welcome, however, we will only contact candidates who are selected for interviews.