Analyst, Consolidated Budgeting and Forecasting
EUI, Finance & Planning, Corporate Finance
Clean water and reliable energy are at the heart of what we do. We proudly keep the lights on and the water flowing in over 100 communities across North America. With a rich 130-year history, EPCOR has ambitions to be one of North America's premier providers of essential services, and we have the top employer and sustainability awards to prove it. If you're looking for new opportunities, people who care and work that matters, apply today at epcor.com/careers.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our teams, EPCOR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground may request an accommodation. We ask all candidates to consider this requirement when applying for a role at EPCOR.
Highlights of the job
We’re hiring up to one (1) full-time permanent Analyst, Consolidated Budgeting and Forecasting working out of Edmonton, AB.
We’re seeking to hire an enthusiastic and experienced budgeting and forecasting specialist to join our Corporate Reporting team. As the Consolidated Budgeting and Forecasting Analyst, you will report to the Manager, Financial Reporting, and you will be accountable for managing and consolidating EPCOR’s budget and forecast process across multiple business units. Additionally, you will be the administrator for our company-wide planning tool, Adaptive Insights.
What you’d be responsible for
- Acting as Corporate Administrator for the Adaptive Insights software, which includes but is not limited to:
- Maintenance of the organizational structure, chart of accounts, versions and user groups;
- Creation of migration documents and migration of configuration changes; and
- Proof of concept and user acceptance testing as required.
- Developing report building and other Adaptive skills in order to fully leverage Adaptive capabilities for forecasting, budgeting and other reporting purposes.
- Supporting the Manager, Financial Reporting in developing, implementing and updating the budget and forecast process for EPCOR including:
- Preparation of instructions and templates using Adaptive Office Connect for all business units;
- Preparation of consolidated budget and forecast financial statements including variance analysis; and
- Coordination with various groups for collecting information relating to budget and forecast assumptions and timely upload of the assumptions in Adaptive.
- Supporting the Corporate Reporting team in preparing quarterly and annual working papers in support of EPCOR’s external reporting requirements.
- Undertaking or assisting with Consolidated Reporting & Analysis projects as required.
What’s required to be successful
- A diploma in Business, Finance, Accounting or Computing Science from a recognized educational institution is required; a degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from a recognized educational institution is considered an asset
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a corporate environment including direct or indirect exposure to public company and/or regulated utilities accounting and reporting
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts and experience with consolidation of budget and forecast
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Adaptive Insights or similar planning tool, Application support and/or configuration/modeling experience
- Business processes and process redesign experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including modeling and reporting in Excel and editing and formatting in Word
- Advanced user of MS Outlook, MS Power Point, MS Teams and Zoom
- Attention to detail, critical thinking and project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to build effective working relations with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and / or as part of a team
- Resourceful and curious in problem solving techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple, sometimes conflicting, assignments to delivery on-time, on-budget, high quality deliverables
Other important facts about this job
Wage: Starting at $43.43 per hour. Placement is based on qualifications, credentials and experience. These rates may change subject to ratification of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Hours of work: 80 hours biweekly. This position has varying working hours to accommodate migration of Adaptive Insights configuration changes. This includes starting earlier than, or working later than, normal working hours. It may also include working over the weekend for major configuration changes. Advanced notice will be provided in such circumstances.
Application deadline: January 30, 2022
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
On Team EPCOR, we believe in building an engaging, inclusive and diverse work culture that inspires creative thinking, innovation and adds value to our communities. Our organization is a place where everyone is welcome, and where you can bring your whole self to work.
When you join our team, you’ll find a workplace where all opinions, beliefs and lifestyles matter. We encourage you to apply and are happy to provide reasonable accommodation during the selection process to meet your needs.