Senior Financial Analyst, Retail
Campus Energy Partners (“Campus Energy”) is a diversified midstream and energy infrastructure company owned by Birch Hill Equity Partners (“Birch Hill”). Located in Calgary, Alberta, Campus Energy’s infrastructure assets are located throughout Western Canada and include two natural gas transmission pipeline systems, five natural gas gathering and processing facilities, an LNG processing facility, and two power peaking units. Its energy supply solutions (‘Retail business’) include providing natural gas and electricity to customers in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario.
Our growing business is creating a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers exciting new opportunities, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that is looking for motivated individuals who want to add value and foster a great organizational culture, Campus Energy may be the right company for you.
Our Retail accounting team is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. An individual will report to the Manager, Finance. Key objectives of the role are to ensure effective and efficient reporting for Power Energy Retail business and provide support for Gas Energy Retail and Corporate financial reporting groups, as well as assist with of the planning and forecasting. The role will have one direct report.
Following are some of the critical responsibilities:
- Analyze Power Energy Retail financial results for monthly Management, Discussion and Analysis document, including actuals-to-budget/forecast and prior year results analysis, and communication of detailed breakdown of current month’s Gross Margin and EBITDA performance
- Review and prepare accurate and timely monthly financial transactions (revenues, cost of sales, hedges, and G&A journal entries), including the related accounting research if needed
- Assist wider finance team with review of some of the of Gas Energy Retail and Corporate journal entries
- Provide financial analytical support for the sales team around new products and services to ensure they meet the financial objectives of the Company
- Provide recommendations for improvements to processes within reporting group
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Assist in the development and mentoring of junior staff
- Validate data and prepare monthly statements for external agents and service providers and submit for payment
- Provide support and documentation to external auditors
- Complete ad-hoc analysis as required
- Provide cash management by monitoring the collection of accounts receivable for overdue payments and ensure vendor invoices are submitted to accounts payable in a timely manner
- Maintain and update customer banking information and process pre-authorized withdrawals for customer payments
Some of the noted deliverables will be prepared by the direct report where the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible to ensure appropriate effective work-flow planning, review and training.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting/Finance/Business)
- CPA designation
- 4 + years of experience in audit, financial or operations reporting; 2+ years post-designation is preferred; The role and/or title may be adopted for exceptional individuals whose experience differs from the preferred.
- Desire to understand how businesses work, and ability organize ambiguous ideas into a concise analysis
- Prior experience in utilities considered an asset, but not necessary
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with advanced excel skills an asset
- Strong data management skills is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fluent in English, both oral and written
- Desire to work in a team and contribute to company culture
- Ability to streamline functions and a passion to learn and grow
- Highly motivated with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under tight deadlines; works well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to stay positive in the face of challenging tasks and find joy in resolving complicated business problems while collaborating with colleagues
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
More search results
Financial Reporting Analyst
Canary Biofuels Inc.
Board Member of Westmount Charter School Society …
Westmount Charter School
Kids Developmental Services Ltd.
Financial Services Specialist
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Vice President & Executive Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners