Senior Tax Accountant
- Competitive-Benefits, RRSP, Gym Discount and more!
- Job Industry
- Public Accounting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
We’re a team of the brightest minds in Edmonton who are on a journey to change the way accounting is done in the world of small business. If you’re looking for a firm that will give you real responsibility from day one and develop your professional acumen, this is the place to be. Our innovative and trustworthy way of doing business creates an environment where you can come to do important work that makes a difference in the world.
When you begin with HGA, you’re not only joining a firm that’s changing the way business is done, but you’re also joining at an inflection point. Our culture is deeply supportive, diverse, rich in opportunity and reward, and high in integrity and performance. So, whether you’re helping our businesses find new opportunities, developing relationships with our growing list of clients, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you’ll be working in an environment built on integrity, fairness, and respect. We’re scaling fast and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. In just a few short years, we’ve grown exponentially.
We give our people the tools and support to grow and enrich their careers, so if you have the ambition and drive to succeed, join us and we’ll help you to become your very best. It’s been quite the ride so far and we’re looking for bright, personable, and bubbly individuals who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible leg of our journey.
Our Tax team is growing at HGA, and we are looking to find a Senior Tax Accountant to join us who is eager to add value to our team and make great impacts for our clients. The ideal candidate will take on the position of trusted liaison between managers, partners, and clients in preparing corporate tax documents such as tax returns, tax accruals and provisions and assisting with tax planning and corporate reorganizations, while assuming a leadership and advising role in supporting and educating our clients. The Senior Tax Accountant will report directly to their respective manager and partners, however, as part of the Senior Accounting team, this individual will be provided the opportunity to mentor our junior and intermediate-level accountants as opportunities arise.
This is an awesome fit for someone who understand and values a high excellence of customer service and executing with a high attention to detail. The Senior Tax Accountant will enjoy working alongside the managers to support our large range of clients and be equally as invested in who our clients are as people, as well as their business and the 'numbers'. In this position, the Senior Tax Accountant will be a detail-oriented professional who is looking to make contributions and impact the team and its clients in a positive and growth-oriented manner. The team values education and experience and is looking to give the Senior Tax Accountant the room to grow in impacting the organizations processes and procedures, and this will be done through a variety of services and partnerships with other divisions to provide a unique client service.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and review of corporate tax accruals and provisions
- Preparation of tax election forms (T2054, T2057, T2058, etc.) and other elections not in prescribed form
- Research and reading as required to tend to technical inquiries from the Tax & Accounting teams
- Tax controversy services and dispute resolution
- Assisting clients with communication with relevant tax authorities (CRA, AB Finance)
- Working with the accounting team regarding tax related reporting and financial statement note disclosures
- Participate in, and contribute to, the attainment of team objectives
- Other ad hoc projects (process improvement, best practices) as required
- Conducting any, and all other duties assigned
Education & Experience:
- Must possess CPA designation
- A minimum of 1 year of post-designation tax experience in a professional services firm
Skills & Knowledge
- Well-developed analytical and research skills, together with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Extensive knowledge surrounding tax preparation software, preferably Caseware and Profile
- Desire to enroll in CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course
- Excellent communication skills, including both oral & written communication
- Extremely detail-orientated
- High degree of self-motivation, and considered a self-starter
- Strong organization and time management skills
- High level of accountability, reliability, and integrity
- Ability to follow outlined processes
- Responds well to urgency
- Able to prioritize tasks efficiently
What We Offer
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Extended Health Care, Dental Care, Disability and Life Insurance, etc..
- Group Registered Retirement Saving Program (RRSP) with company matching
- On-Site Gym with employee discounts and group fitness classes
- On-Site Free Parking
- Wellness Program
HGA is on a mission to provide meaningful and impactful opportunities that drive individuals to grow personally and professionally. We do this by offering competitive total compensation, challenging work, and engaging and collaborative work culture.
Our people are what set us apart, and we believe in providing an inclusive and diverse workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to building and employing an inclusive and diverse work culture to serve our clients with excellence. Joining the HGA team means that everyone is welcome, and we can provide reasonable accommodation during the selection process, upon request, to meet your needs at any stage in the recruitment process.
If you are a passionate professional who is eager and excited to take on a challenging opportunity, this is it!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.