( Permanent Full-Time)
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs. CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary. Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
The CPA-designated Financial Analyst is responsible for data-driven financial analysis, supporting financial forecasting functions and CPA Alberta’s internal control program, as well as supporting other projects as required.
- Analyze the trends of financial metrics such as revenue and expenses
- Investigate and find the root cause of unexpected variances
- Review and make recommendations for continuous improvement to budgeting, financial projection, and operating forecast practices
- Perform ad-hoc business performance reporting
- Develop and analyze financial models that support strategic initiatives
- Using analytical tools, provide data-driven analysis that supports informed management decisions
- Finance and Data analytics projects as required
- Support business partnering to the MPS team with analyses needed to progress further enhancements to offerings and revenue
- Support financial forecasting function
- Find potential risk areas proactively and work with Management to address them
Support the administration of CPA Alberta’s Internal Controls Program
- Document processes
- Conduct walk-throughs
- Identify gaps in controls
- Obtain management responses for any deficiencies
- Recommend process improvements
- Compliance monitoring against policies and conducted monthly
- An early-career designated CPA (in good standing) is required; preferably with 2 – 3 years of post-designated experience.
- High level of technical knowledge of budgeting, financial projection, forecasting, and variance analysis practices
- Effective written (including business writing) and verbal communication skills.
- Excel skills required including the ability to use pivot tables, data analysis, and conditional formatting.
- Demonstrates successful collaboration in a team environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to thoroughly research options in terms of risk and consequence prior to making recommendations.
- Maintains objectivity, is insightful, proactive, and future-focused.
- Experience with data analytics and Power BI software; internal controls frameworks (COSO); and managing projects are considered an asset.
- Values & Ethics
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Organizational Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Organizing
- Results Management
- Fast paced work environment
- Some travel between offices may be needed
- Work outside of regular hours may be required occasionally to meet business objectives
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
CPA Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
In its commitment to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce, CPA Alberta welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of equity groups (women, Black, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+); and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of the organization to apply.
Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The successful candidate will be required to confirm vaccinations in relation to COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to human rights exemptions.
Qualified interested candidates may apply online by clicking here.