Vice President Internal Audit
Vice President Internal Audit
Servus's Vice President Internal Audit is a key strategic leader accountable for the overall execution and enhancement of the credit union's Internal Audit function (corporate and banking audit) with a mission to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the credit union’s operations. They provide leadership in identifying internal control weaknesses, and migration of best practices throughout the organization, and direct the Internal Audit team to give management and the Board of Directors' Audit and Finance Committee assurance that risk is being managed appropriately. It is important for them to stay abreast of current developments and emerging issues within the organization and the internal audit environment.
The Vice President Internal Audit helps Servus accomplish its vision, mission, and strategic objectives by using a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. As a Vice President, this position is a member of the Strategic Integration and Advisory Committee (SIAC) and is expected to work with other senior leaders in transforming the organization towards a performance culture that delivers market leading growth and that is easy to deal with; as such, the appropriate balance between growth and control is critical.
- Can you understand and use relevant legislation, policies, procedures, and/or standards to resolve issues and ensure compliance?
- Are you able to translate highly complex and specialized information so it's easily comprehensible?
- Do you demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail?
Servus is a diverse and inclusive organization in every way which makes us strong, flexible and adaptable. We have created an environment where employees can thrive, succeed and grow. Sound like the perfect fit? Then apply today!
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively complex experience in an audit function, supported by experience in business operations areas.
- Ten (10) years management experience leading people and managing a department in a multi-faceted organization.
- Financial sector experience (preferably banking) is an asset.
Education and Training:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business or Economics.
- CPA or completing designation required.
- Recognized professional Internal Auditing Accreditation (example: CIA, CISA, CCSA, CGAP, CFE) is desired
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
This position is eligible to participate in Servus' remote work policy, which allows for a combination of working remotely and in the office.
Ability to travel throughout Alberta is required on a periodic basis to assist in branch/department audits; and travel out of province or out of country on occasion.
A dedication to work/life balance, while realizing there will be a requirement to work evenings and weekends and to attend corporate functions and planning events. Must be able to meet deadlines set by the Audit Committee and Chief Risk Officer on completing and reporting on projects.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.