Member of our Board of Directors
Leduc LINX Connect Centre (“LINX”) is looking for members to join its Board of Directors. Below is more information on the expectations of members of LINX Board of Directors.
Expectations of the Board of Directors as a whole
The vision and mission of LINX- Individuals with developmental disabilities have opportunities to experience life to their fullest potential. They experience inclusion in taking an active and valued role in society and to reside in a community of their choosing. Through the connections to their community, LINX strives to enhance the quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities through education, employment, residential, and outreach services. As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
- Determining the mission and purposes of the organization;
- Strategic and organizational planning;
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management;
- Fundraising and resource development;
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of LINX;
Board Members are expected to:
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs;
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings;
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization;
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions; and
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of LINX.
The LINX Board of Directors governs the overall execution of the organization’s mission. Principally, the Board provides oversight of the organizational finances and sets long term priorities for services. Additionally, the Board oversees the Executive Director, who is responsible for day-to-day management of LINX. Overall, the Directors contribute the educational, management, legal, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability and ensure year-to-year program and service excellence for LINX.
To apply, please email your résumé / CV to Executive Director Nicole Fuhsel (email@example.com)