Longview Aviation Services is searching for a highly analytical and detailed orientated senior accountant to join their finance department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for day-to-day accounting and collecting and analyzing financial data. You will be responsible for performing financial analysis, building financial models and aid in the forecast and budgeting process. You should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and provide financial feedback. The ideal candidate should be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company. This includes understanding business processes and sub-processes by gathering financial data to uncover inefficiencies. As such, this individual will be a liaison between the Finance department and other SBU’s.
As a senior accountant, you will possess an in-depth knowledge of accounting and ERP systems, advanced MS Excel, and Power BI skills. The successful candidate will also be an excellent communicator, with superb presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Great attention to detail
- Time management
- Creative and Innovative thinking
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Decisive decision making
- Able to plan and organize – multi-task
- Good communication aptitude
- Collaborative - team work
- Responsible for the integrity of all the accounting information for the company. Collecting and verifying financial information.
- Perform general ledger end-of-period close activities inclusive of bank and account reconciliations, maintaining a general ledger by inputting daily financial transactions.
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger account balances.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis.
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Create and maintain budgets and forecasts.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with budgets and forecasts.
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Along with the controller, identify and drive process improvements, including the creating of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Review standard costs and investigate variances with actual costs.
- Periodic reporting of financial statements to controller to ensure accounting procedures are adequate and functional.
- Understanding of life cycle financial analysis related to manufacturing.
- Maintain the documentation of data and any statistical arrangement in financial analysis.
- Work closely with controller to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Audit and analyze production costs to become more cost-efficient.
- Aid in gathering data for auditors.
- Main backup to controller, cross working relationship with business analyst.
- Accounting skills – it is a finance role; therefore, accounting skill is a must. Must be well versed with accounting principles and a good understanding of GAAP. The skills related to budgeting & forecasting, cost analysis, and reconciliation will help the senior accountant work effectively.
- Financial modeling – The senior accountant should be good at financial modeling, should have a working knowledge of different types of financial models.
- Knowledge of ERP System – Ideally the senior accountant should have working knowledge in ERP systems specifically in Visual and IFS ERP systems.
- MS Excel and Power BI Skills – Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in both MS Excel and Power BI are necessary to perform job duties. Apart from the ERP system, MS Excel and Power BI are used to create models and reporting.
- Communication / Presentation skills – effective communication and interpersonal skills are critical in this role. Monthly review and presentation of data and findings are required.
- Problem Solving Skills – As the senior accountant the main existence relies on this skillset to find solutions to a complicated financial equation or decision. Management depends a lot on their analysis and advice while making crucial business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting, professional designation required.
- 3-5 years' direct work experience as a intermediate/senior accountant in finance, bonus points if in the Aviation and/or Manufacturing industry.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel and Power BI.
- Excellent in data, operational and financial analysis.
- Aptitude to succeed in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of accounting processes, Visual and IFS ERP systems.
- Strong understanding of regulatory and reporting requirements, experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis combined with an understanding of key performance indicators.
More search results
Director, Office of the Chief Accountant
Alberta Securities Commission
Bearspaw Petroleum Ltd
Manager, Finance and Reporting
Alberta Securities Commission
Calgary Economic Development Ltd.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Leaders Calgary on behalf of connectFirst Credit Union