Lead, Accounting Services
Temporary, full-time, 35 hours per week
One-year term, with the possibility of an extension
$45.43 - $56.77 per hour
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time, term Lead, Accounting Services.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting Services, the Lead, Accounting Services is responsible for providing direct supervision to the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cashier Clerks. Also provide training and expertise in other areas requiring functional and technical guidance. This position is responsible for Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) accounting and reporting; approval of accounts payable cheques/EFTs; approval of accounts receivable batches, general ledger reconciliation, financial reporting, payroll reviews and provides integral support to the Manager, Accounting Services with quarter-end and year-end responsibilities The Lead, Accounting Services is responsible for ensuring process documentation for accounts payable and accounts receivable and TCA accounting is created and kept up-to-date; all functions of those takes are being carried out in a timely and efficient manner; and regular review of processes to ensure efficiencies are maximized.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Review employee expense claims and credit card use to ensure City policies are being adhered to and following up with employees/managers/directors for additional information when required to ensure City policies are understood and consistently applied.
- Daily accounting functions such as approving cheque and EFT batches, approving accounts receivable batches, processing journal entries, coding of TCA invoices, approving bank reconciliations, payroll review, etc.
- Approve timesheets and monitor/manage vacation time, Earned Days Off and sick/medical leave for clerks while ensuring continuous business operations.
- Demonstrate leadership by providing guidance and promote a positive culture through management, assessment and professional development of staff.
- Preparing annual information returns and reports to best retrieve and present data for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with the annual and interim financial reporting and planning processes including assistance with monthly reporting, working papers and year-end audit as required
- Serve as a technical expert regarding generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls and financial analysis to assist with decision making or to resolve problems.
- Build and maintain cross-departmental relationships to enhance financial guidance and support for the entire organization
You are the successful candidate for this position if you have the following:
- An undergraduate degree with a concentration in accounting, finance or public administration
- Completion of a CPA Designation is required but a candidate who is near the completion of the CPA program may be considered if the person has demonstrated public sector accounting knowledge and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment
- Five (5) years experience in fixed asset accounting
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user
- Strong working knowledge of financial statement preparations
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Public sector accounting experience and knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) is preferred
- Knowledge of CaseWare is an asset
- Must possess exceptional communication and customer service skills
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check and if selected for the position
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and willing to provide proof of immunization prior to start date
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on January 28, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Financial Reporting Analyst
Canary Biofuels Inc.
Board Member of Westmount Charter School Society …
Westmount Charter School
Kids Developmental Services Ltd.
Financial Services Specialist
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Vice President & Executive Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners