Temporary, Full-time – 35 hours per week
One-year term, with possibility of extension
$45.43 - $56.77 per hour
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Budget Analyst.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Budgets, the Budget Analyst acts as a resource and technical specialist in the administration of the City’s operating and capital budget systems. The position compiles, evaluates and interprets complex financial data and provides support to business areas within the organization. In addition, the Budget Analyst aids in business planning, performance measurements and forecasting.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Review department budgets for completeness, accuracy and conformance with established procedures, policies and organizational objectives, providing advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation and budget preparation
- Assist with the development of budget processes, timelines and documentation
- Assist with the development of the 3-year operating and 10-year capital plans
- Assist in ensuring the Corporate Strategic Plan and the long-term financial plans are reflected in department operating plans and the budget
- Monitor adherence to budget guidelines and make recommendations in the development or updating of policies, procedures and guidelines as they relate to budget and finance
- Consolidate quarterly reporting of operating plan performance and assist with other business planning initiatives as required
- Facilitate the monitoring and reporting of significant budget variances, analyzing actual financial results comparing to budget, previous year, projections and non-financial data, providing recommendations for areas of potential budget adjustments
- Aid in the implementation and maintenance of community engagement in the budget process as well as facilitate the timely communication of budget information
- Assist with the annual and interim financial reporting and planning processes, including helping with monthly reporting, working papers and year-end as required
- Monitor financial activities and provide advice as required
- Interpret and highlight important financial information to non-financial users
You are the successful candidate for this position if you have the following:
- Undergraduate Degree with a concentration in accounting, finance or public administration, must have or be working towards a professional accounting designation
- 5 years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment, acting as a technical expert in budget preparation and budget systems
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements, working papers and supporting documents is an asset
- Experience using computerized financial software and Microsoft Office is required
- Experience with Questica or other automated budgeting systems is an asset
- Knowledge of Great Plains is an asset
- Municipal government experience is an asset
- Excellent independent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently to respond to tight timelines
- Attention to detail and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to enable team work and promote positive internal/external customer service
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization as part of the recruitment process
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on January 28, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Financial Reporting Analyst
Canary Biofuels Inc.
Board Member of Westmount Charter School Society …
Westmount Charter School
Kids Developmental Services Ltd.
Financial Services Specialist
Workers' Compensation Board- Alberta
Vice President & Executive Financial Officer
PFM Executive Search / Panorama Search Partners