Located in Penticton BC, Okanagan Hockey Group is hiring for the role of Controller to manage the day to day operations of a small but efficient Finance department. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, the successful candidate will provide financial leadership to the other departments, assisting them to develop progressive budgets and to manage ongoing results.
- Direct and coordinate Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, benefit plan, government remittances and General Ledger
- Manage and administer the corporate credit card platform. Review all bank reconciliations and credit card accounts
- Prepare and report each department’s revenue stream for the time periods required
- Lead and manage the annual budget process for the company and achieve budgeting goals by working with department managers
- Provide and assist with presentation of meaningful and timely reporting of actual performance to budget, with updated forecasts to fiscal year end
- In conjunction with VP of Finance and divisional managers, establish financial and operating benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance
- Assist the VP Finance to model anticipated changes in revenue streams, market segments and margins
- Identify potential areas for additional profit as well as areas to reduce costs
- Train, supervise, mentor and evaluate the performance of Accounting Clerk
- Prepare in conjunction with the VP Finance the monthly, quarterly and yearend financial reports
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial and federal reporting requirements
- Ad Hoc reporting and all other duties as assigned by the VP of Finance
- As a company spokesperson take responsibility for, and manage the interaction with 3rd party suppliers, vendors and customers to ensure a smooth operation.
- Prepare accounting files as directed by VP Finance for external financial reviews
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Professional designation (CPA) is preferred with a minimum of eight years of progressive financial experience including extensive knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, internal controls and reporting. We would also consider a candidate if they are working towards their CPA designation providing they have the required experience. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, adapts well to change and is able to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization. Oral and written communication skills are key in addition to the ability to periodically work with the Senior Leadership team.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for interviewing will be contacted. To apply, please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More search results
Tax / Accounting Manager - Calgary CPA Firm
The KASSAM Group, CPA and Advisors
Manager, Finance & Accoutning
Alberta University of the Arts
Manager of Compliance, Accounting and Financial S…
Legislative Assembly Office
Manager, Budget Planning and Administration - (99…
Parkland County Center