ABOUT KV CAPITAL
In 2006, we started the journey to simplify the complex world of finance. KV Capital Inc. was founded on the premise that simpler means better. Sounds good, right? Since then, both our team and our service offerings have grown. But we have always remained focused on making transactions easy for our clients – without cutting corners. So, what exactly do we do you ask? Today, we deliver both expert solutions and peace-of-mind for all our clients and stakeholders through our operations which include private mortgage lending, mortgage brokering (residential and commercial), capital raising, and private equity. KV Capital has grown by prioritizing the achievement of long-term outcomes and building teams of high-performing professional staff who excel in their collaborative and dynamic operations.
Launched in 2019, our commercial real estate finance division has funded +$5B commercial deals collectively and our team has +100 years of combined experience. Together, we source financing solutions for land, subdivision financing, multi-family, retail, industrial, office, hospitality, and mixed-use properties.
POSITION Analyst, Underwriting – Commercial Real Estate Finance Division
(job title dependent on seniority of the successful applicant)
LOCATION Edmonton, Alberta
The successful candidate will be able to analyze, value security and critically assess all types of commercial mortgage loan requests, including land acquisition, construction, inventory loans, bridge financing and term financing. Your ability to identify critical issues and inconsistencies in the information as well as an assessment of the feasibility of real estate projects will be critical in this role. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, collaborative, hard-working and have the desire to help KV Capital drive its growth initiative. A high level of attention to detail and the desire to develop professionally in a dynamic work environment is expected.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the direction of the Senior Underwriter of KV Capital’s Commercial Real Estate Finance division, you will be responsible for:
- Completing timely review and feasibility assessments of project-based mortgage loan requests under an asset secured model;
- Assisting in the preparation of formal loan presentations to third party lenders;
- Identifying, assessing, quantifying, and evaluating moderate to complex risks on a project by project basis through:
- Valuation of real estate security;
- Research on current market conditions and comparable transactions;
- Preparing and maintaining working papers to support underwriting recommendations; and
- Developing and completing efficient and comprehensive due diligence procedures on a deal by deal basis.
- Identifying potential target clients using available industry resources; and
- Working with in-house business development staff, borrowers, and third-party brokers / clients to develop and maintain positive business relationships.
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
- A degree, designation or certification in a related field (in process or completed – note this position will provide qualified hours for CBV and CFA candidates);
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and organization skills;
- Strong financial acumen;
- Professional, friendly, and courteous demeanor;
- Personal interest or working knowledge in the real estate and/or mortgage industry;
- Awareness of local (Albertan and Canadian) economic conditions and indicators;
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, with a demonstrated expertise in Excel;
- Mortgage and/or commercial lending experience is helpful, but not necessary;
- Experience using Spin, various real estate information databases, and performing credit bureau searches would be an asset, but not required.
You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly effective team with no end of challenging and transformational work in sight. The company is growing, and the mindset is expansionary.
We offer competitive total compensation, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.kvcapital.ca.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Derek Price (Senior Analyst, Underwriting) at Derek.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Analyst, Underwriting” in the subject line
More search results
PCL Construction Management Inc.
Director of Financial Reporting and Accounting
Information Services Corporation
Financial Coordinator, Early Childhood and K-12
Government of Northwest Territories
Capital Power - 353284
Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury
Capital Power - 353284