- Custom Electric Ltd.
- Calgary, AB
- Intermediate Accountant
- Job Industry
- Construction/Project Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
Custom Electric Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s oldest and largest electrical contractors. We are a private, 100% employee-owned full-service electrical contractor. Over our 50+ years of operation, we have been chosen to partner with leading owners and their engineers to complete many of Alberta’s largest, most complicated, and in some cases, most iconic projects.
Custom Electric has an industry-recognized reputation for producing high-quality technical designs and delivering these challenging and complex projects quickly and without compromise. Custom has embraced innovation across its organization and applies this culture to its projects through technology, including BIM, virtual design, and within its manufacturing and prefabrication facility.
This Intermediate Accountant will be responsible to support our accounting team and make sure that financial information is recorded and reported correctly on the financial statements. We have recently implemented a new ERP system and part of the responsibility would be to support this system and the individuals that are using it.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close.A success accountant combines excellent analytical skills to analyse financial reports.
- Support Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of the functions.
- Be innovative in improving efficiency and practices.
- Prepare financial statements according to schedule.
- Support month-end and year-end process.
- Assist with yearly audits.
- Responsible for the payroll process, including year-end information slips and various government filings.
- Along with the controller, review, identify and drive improvements to accounting policies, maintain and strengthen controls, standard reporting, tools and dashboards.
- Performs various financial analysis as directed by the controller.
- Work closely with controller to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned by controller and president.
- Working towards their CPA designation.Preference will be given to candidates that are currently enrolled in the CPA program with 1 to 2 years remaining.
- 1-2 years related experience in full cycle accounting including job costing payroll.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Strong financial insight and analytical agility.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Self-motivated and results driven, able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Proven prioritization, time management skills.
- Highly effective written and interpersonal communications skills, the ability to build a positive, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates aptitude in dealing with private and confidential information by using diplomacy and tact in all interactions.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) with company matching.
Custom Electric’s purpose is to empower people to succeed. We do this through our values of:
- Relationships – value all relationships, both inside and outside the company;
- Commitment – to provide best-in-class safety practices, leadership and expertise;
- Integrity – doing what we say we are going to do; and
- Innovation – consistently seeking ways to improve our people, products and processes.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Director, Office of the Chief Accountant
Alberta Securities Commission
Bearspaw Petroleum Ltd
Manager, Finance and Reporting
Alberta Securities Commission
Calgary Economic Development Ltd.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Leaders Calgary on behalf of connectFirst Credit Union