- Alberta Motor Association ( AMA)
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Finance, Insurance, Public Accounting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
YOU LOVE BEING PART OF A team WHERE EVERYONE counts.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Edmonton Kingsway
Please note: this is a temporary placement.
Some people dread the thought of paying bills or balancing their cheque book. Not you. Heck, you’re not even afraid to admit that you get a bit of a thrill from balancing the books. You’re in your element when solving problems and thinking about the big picture, but you also pay close attention to the details. And we like that about you.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re a self-starter who enjoys working independently but who also loves being part of a fast-paced and dynamic team.
- You’re all about customer service, whether you’re dealing with internal or external clients.
- You’ve got integrity and a strong work ethic in spades!
- You’re like an accounting action hero - saving the day with your extreme accounting skills to get things done and get results!
- You’ve been nicknamed “eagle eyes” - your attention to detail is that impressive.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Join a team of skilled Technicians reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Record and process accurate and complete financial and operational data and reports within established timeframes.
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, cheques, invoices, and cheque requisitions in a ledger or computer system.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger and sub-ledger accounts.
- Provide service to members, internal staff, vendors and management.
- Develop, produce and maintain ad hoc and custom reports, as required.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a post-secondary education in accounting or business. If you're education is in something else, tell us how it will benefit you in this role.
- You are enrolled in CPA preparatory courses or seeking to enter the CPA professional education program.
- You have a minimum of two years of accounting experience.
- You have a demonstrated ability to adapt to new systems, working knowledge of related computerized accounting systems, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (you’ve got gold-medal Excel skills).
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits if you choose to receive them (With payroll deductions).
- Vacation pay is added to each paycheque.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities...
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.