Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP (“KMSS”), Chartered Professional Accountants, is a mid-sized public accounting firm in Calgary, Alberta currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join our downtown office location. KMSS is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented, qualified people, and we have an exceptional opportunity for a designated or soon to be designated CPA passionate about public practice and client service.
Some of the benefits we provide to our team members include:
- challenging, diverse work
- opportunities for career advancement
- healthy work/life balance
- monthly parking/transit pass subsidy
- three weeks’ vacation and 8 flex days per year
Our team of dedicated professionals is focused on providing excellent service to our clients. They thrive in a collaborative team environment that offers an extensive range of accounting, assurance, tax, and business consulting services to our clients. KMSS serves a diverse clientele ranging from owner-managed entrepreneurial ventures to public companies. For this reason, you will experience tremendous professional growth working with a wide range of companies in a variety of industries.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous mid-sized public accounting experience familiar and comfortable acting as a Senior on audit, review, and notice to reader engagement teams made up of partners, managers, and junior team members.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Three to four years’ public accounting experience, preferably in a small or mid-sized firm;
- Confidence preparing audit, review, and notice to reader engagements;
- Hand’s-on experience preparing financial statements and corporate income tax returns;
- Familiar with software including CaseWare, Taxprep, CCH IFirm, and Microsoft Office;
- Enjoys assisting in the development of junior team members; and,
- Possesses strong written and interpersonal communication skills dealing with a variety of clients and team members.
You will be completing a variety of file engagements and effectively building strong client relationships by demonstrating a high degree of initiative, excellent project management, interpersonal and communication skills, along with strong technical expertise in accounting and tax.
If you have passed the CFE or recently earned your CPA and interested in joining KMSS, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Kenway Mack Slusarchuk Stewart LLP
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in KMSS.
Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.